When I launched the Roon app on my iPad to play some music a message popped up saying there was an update available.
I clicked update all & lost connection to the roon core. I figured that was no big deal as the roon core was likely restarting services upon upgrade so I patiently waited.
However, after 20min the Roon app never found the roon core. I restarted the Roon app on my iPad but that didn’t resolve the issue.
I then logged into my Mac mini where the Roon Server software runs as my Roon Core and saw the icon in the menu bar at the top of the screen indicating it was running.
I chose to quit the Roon by clicking on the icon and selecting quit. I then restarted the Roon Server by clicking on the roon app icon in the MacOS dock. The roon icon then appeared again in the menu bar indicating it was running.
I opened up the terminal app and ran “ps aux | grep Roon” to verify processes were indeed running and the were.
But still the roon app on my iPad would not connect. It would indicate that it’s trying to connect as it would say “Connecting…” but then it would quickly change to “Connection Failed” and then soon after that it would say “Connecting…” again & then quickly change to “Connection Failed” again. This cycle would go on for about 10 to 15 seconds before the Roon app on my iPad would then say “Looking for your Roon Core”. (see screenshots)
I them downloaded the Roon Server software anew from the RoonLabs download page and reinstalled it on my Mac mini. But that didn’t change anything as I got the exact same behavior as described above.
I am stuck without the ability to connect to the Roon Server (core) and could use some help.