Connection Failed (Build 334) [Resolved - Storage space full]

When I launched the Roon app on my iPad to play some music a message popped up saying there was an update available.

I clicked update all & lost connection to the roon core. I figured that was no big deal as the roon core was likely restarting services upon upgrade so I patiently waited.

However, after 20min the Roon app never found the roon core. I restarted the Roon app on my iPad but that didn’t resolve the issue.

I then logged into my Mac mini where the Roon Server software runs as my Roon Core and saw the icon in the menu bar at the top of the screen indicating it was running.

I chose to quit the Roon by clicking on the icon and selecting quit. I then restarted the Roon Server by clicking on the roon app icon in the MacOS dock. The roon icon then appeared again in the menu bar indicating it was running.

I opened up the terminal app and ran “ps aux | grep Roon” to verify processes were indeed running and the were.

But still the roon app on my iPad would not connect. It would indicate that it’s trying to connect as it would say “Connecting…” but then it would quickly change to “Connection Failed” and then soon after that it would say “Connecting…” again & then quickly change to “Connection Failed” again. This cycle would go on for about 10 to 15 seconds before the Roon app on my iPad would then say “Looking for your Roon Core”. (see screenshots)

I them downloaded the Roon Server software anew from the RoonLabs download page and reinstalled it on my Mac mini. But that didn’t change anything as I got the exact same behavior as described above.

I am stuck without the ability to connect to the Roon Server (core) and could use some help.

Thanks!

–the1010boy

What happens if you install the Roon app (not server) and run it on the mini can it it find the core?

Hi @the1010boy ---- Thank you for the report and sharing this observation you have made since taking the update to B334. The insight is very appreciated and sorry to hear of the the troubles.

Moving forward, to help aide in our understanding of this behavior you have reported to us may I kindly ask you for the following:

• An expanded description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

• Please describe your network configuration/topology, being sure to provide insight into any networking hardware you are currently implementing. I want to have clear understanding as to how your devices are communicating and what tools are being used to make these connection possible.

• Besides the mentioned troubleshooting exercise have you also tried…

• Uninstalling and then reinstalling the application on the mentioned iPad?
    • Rebooted not only the core machine but also the iPad and any relevant networking hardware (i.e router, switches, etc)?

-Eric

1 Like

@Eric thanks for the help. I figured out the problem. The drive is full on my Mac mini. :blush: …I guess I wasn’t paying attention how much space my uncompressed music was taking up. I have a drive with 2x the space that I’ll install & reconfigure everything. So consider this matter resolved.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.