Connection failed over and over

My system does seem more stable without the Luna dongle installed. I still get devices that drop the core every once in a while but I can get then reconnected more easily then before, I’m not sure why.

Hi @Lawrence_Kellogg,

Glad to hear that the system is more stable without the dongle installed. Have you by any chance tried disconnecting one of the Velop nodes and leaving just one active? It might be interesting to know if the same issue occurs when the iOS devices don’t bounce between the access points. I might have mentioned this in the thread but in case I didn’t - I would also try force-quitting the Roon app and opening it again.

I know that Velop won’t cover my apartment with just one node. It has taken seven nodes to get decent coverage. I have a fixed IP address assigned to the MacMini that is doing the streaming to my DAC, perhaps that helps.

Hi @Lawrence_Kellogg,

I realize the single Velop node won’t cover the apartment. I was more-so suggesting it as a way to simplify things a bit in your setup and verify if the same behavior still occurs with just one of the nodes. I’d also suggest trying the force quit and app restart to see if that changes anything.

Well, it’s worse, unfortunately, the MacMini on the stereo is at the farthest point from the main node of the Velop system so it can’t connect reliably to the main node. I force quit the Roon app a lot and restart it all the time, sometimes it seems to help, sometimes it does not. Often, the Roon app cannot find the Core, and it show’s Looking for your Roon Core for a long time. Once in a while, it finds it. I suppose this happens most often with my iPhone, which moves around the apartment. I never lose the WiFi connection on the iPhone, though.

Hi @Lawrence_Kellogg,

Do you by any chance have any firewalls active on the Mac Mini which could be contributing to this issue? Is the behavior the same with any firewalls turned off if so? Does the iPhone by any chance have any sort of VPNs active (or even installed on it)?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.