Windows 11

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Asus router

Connected Audio Devices

USB DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

Don’t know

Description of Issue

My Roon client running on Windows 10 machine is unable to connect to the Core which is running on Windows 11. It can “see” the core because it provides its name, OS version, IP and Roon version but it just gives a “Connection failed” error and I cannot do anything. I checked the firewalls and I can see that both roon.exe and raatserver.exe are allowed (in fact completely unrestricted) but still it cannot connect.

At the same time, the Android version of the Roon app does connect successfully to the same Core.

Hi,

What versions / build numbers of Roon are running on your two Windows machines?

How are these connected to your LAN (hardwired or WiFi)?

What troubleshooting steps have you tried (power cycling equipment etc)?

1 Like

Hi,

What versions / build numbers of Roon are running on your two Windows machines?
Latest versions, I updated both yesterday.

How are these connected to your LAN (hardwired or WiFi)?
The core is connected via cable to the router, the remote is connected via WiFi.

What troubleshooting steps have you tried (power cycling equipment etc)?
I used this article: https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/why-can-t-roon-remote-connect#Firewall

I assume that all your devices are in the same subnet? If so, then try rebooting your router, followed by rebooting your Core and then your Remote.

Yes, all devices are on the same subnet. I rebooted everything several times already.

Hi @Asen_Petrov,

We can pull more detailed diagnostics to identify a connection failure event in logs with your permission. Can you elaborate on the number and make/model of any routers, network switches, or access points in your setup?

Do you have any VPNs enabled on the Windows Remote machine? What about additional security software or firewalls?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.