Connection issue roon arc

guys on windows 11 and cant get a connection to roon arc. The port is open on my router but get this error code. Im using a vpn only for one app and not Roon. I have confirmed that the 10.10.10.21 is not a surfshark vpn ip address

can anyone advise? thanks

see below :

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“138.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

@Adam_Hextall, the diagnostics you’ve provided suggest that UPnP is not properly configured on your router or that the port forwarding is not configured correctly. Can you provide some additional inforamtion on your port forward rule, as well as the following:

1. What is the make and model of your modem and router?
  2. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  3. Who is your internet service provider and what is your geographic region?
  4. Is your Modem configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem or do you have the ports forwarded on both?

hi Rob

in fairness i turned off the unpnp as i wanted to use a specific port for another programme and it clashed when i tried to activate the port while unpnp was active. ill try unpnp instead as this is a priority. ill keep u posted cheers

1 Like

Hi @Adam_Hextall,

Please keep us posted once you’ve tried autoconfiguration with UPnP and post any updated diagnostics in Roon → Settings → ARC that that configuration might reveal. If you continue to have issues, then please fill in the four questions our helpful moderators have posted above, as solutions are often specific to the modem, router, or internet provider.

We’re here to support.

2 Likes

Some routers indeed don’t deal well with UPnP and a manual rule configured as well. But you could leave UPnP disabled and set up another manual rule for ARC. (Apparently you are familiar with this as you did it for the other app?)

2 Likes

Hi all. Sorry I’ve been a bit delayed today but I’ve had fistula arm surgery getting myself ready for kidney dialysis so not as fluid or as quick as I like to be!

I’ve just said up the router again for UPnP it’s a Virgin hub 4 it’s setup enabled I haven’t rebooted the router cos I’m not sure if I need to but is definitely enabled and now I’m still getting issues with arc and

it’s still not working

It did work before and it didn’t work so it seems to be a bit intermittent but it’s still showing this IP address of 10.10.5 1 something which actually in theory is my VPN but it’s definitely not be on the VPN as the VPN is only working on one app according to netstat

Is the latest area code

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“138.ddd.eee.fff”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

1 Like

Also all another observation I’m now running roon and I can play it quite easily with qobuz enabled and I suspect if there was any VPN on the Roon process it would also fail. It’s not. Cheers

Hi I did this 55*** port enabled. But no luck now. Weird

Hi @Adam_Hextall,

As mentioned before in a previous post, i would suggest to disable UPnP and create a manual port forwarding.

First in the Roon App go to Settings → Roon Arc and write down the IP address and port number shown there. In most cases you will see a port number in the 55**** range. If you followed below instructions and it not working, please try another port ie. 44135. I read on this forum that some ISP’s block some port numbers.

Then watch below video on how to create a manual port forwarding (the video is for model 3, but i think this should be (almost) the same on model 4).

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Maarten sorry I’m not getting confused.

I did this already before I enabled Unpnp. The Manual.port is there but it wouldn’t connect hence my switch back to upnp.

Port is there on the router and enabled. Thanks

There seems to be a service issue in Roon’s cloud infrastructure at the moment. Lots of reports of ARC not working appearing on the forum this morning. That will probably exacerbate your difficulty in connecting. Best to wait until the service issue is cleared up. Thanks.

Cheers Geoff. I guess it’s the rush to arc android auto maybe!

Hi @Adam_Hextall,

In case your symptoms were related to the server-side error we’ve since resolved, please restart your Core and network router to see if it removes the port forwarding error and restores connectivity.

If not, the team will pull diagnostics and investigate what’s filtering the upstream connection. Thank you!

Will do. Cheers

Hi no difference. Still not working. Upnp is odd and port is enabled.

Connor

So…Roon work and Quobuz works. Quobuz does not detect a VPN and logs in fine and streams fine. As we both know Quobuz can be notorious if they detec any sniff of a VPN so I don’t think Roon is on a VPN. I have the VPN enabled but bypasser to one app only.

BUT when we use Roon arc config it’s sayfing it’s on IP address 10.14.0.2. This is a VPN type router address. Not making any sense. Thanks

Connor for some strange reason I’ve now managed to get the VPN working across the whole PC and also Roon and Quobuz server both work fine which is excellent however now I can’t get Roon ArC to connect I’m assuming it’s because I’m on a VPN but I never had this issue before when I ran Roon core on my qnap NAS and never had the issue. So I would be keen to understand how we can get that potentially fixed I think that’s the easiest way for me at this stage

Connor

I’m seriously scratching my head but I moved the VPN bypass for one app destination to Brussels and everything now works.

Really seriously weird. Cheers. Please close the ticket. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.