Connection problems: Track gets skipped

I very frequently get a “network error” that causes the track to skip. It is super annoying and I would prefer the track to buffer instead of skipping it alltogether. Is there any way to solve this?

Thanks!

Hi Robin,

Give this a read.

Cheers, Greg

Hi @Robin_Beek ---- Checking in here to see if any progress has been made. Let me know if you are still in need of assistance and I will gladly lend a hand.

-Eric

Thanks Eric and Greg,

I was not able to fix it since it only occurs very rarely. But I assume there is no way to tell Roon not to skip the song if there is a connection problem right? It btw only occurs when I stream from Tidal.

Hi @Robin_Beek ---- Thank you for the follow up and sharing your feedback with us. Did you happen to give the article a read that @Greg supplied in his post?

These types of issues are almost always tied to either a hardware or networking related issue. In this case, because you are only noticing this when streaming TIDAL content my gut is telling me that there could be something going on across your network.

Moving forward, may I kindly ask you to please provide the following:

1. A brief but accurate description of your current setup as seen here.

2. Please describe your network configuration / topology as well as providing insight into any networking hardware you may be implementing in your setup. I want to get an idea of how your devices are communicating and what tools are being used to make those connections possible.

3. Are you noticing the same behavior when streaming from the TIDAL application?

-Eric

A post was split to a new topic: Hotel WiFi - Tracks Being Skipped