Connection to Bluesound Node 2i keeps cutting out

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Laptop (Intel Core i5 processor) running Windows 10.
Roon Version 1.7 (build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ARRIS TG2492LG-85 Router. Both my laptop and the Bluesound Node 2i are connected via WiFi.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

The device I am having an issue with is a Bluesound Node 2i, connected via WiFi.

Description Of Issue

The Bluesound Node 2i regularly disappears as a zone in Roon. Sometime it occurs mid-track after I have been listening for a while, sometimes when I first try to start listening. The issue happens with both my local files and when listening via Tidal. Playback stops (or doesn’t start) and at the bottom of the screen is just the message to ‘Select an Audio Zone’. After a couple of minutes the Node reappears and sometimes I will be able to start listening and sometimes the problem just happens again immediately.

The last occurence was as I was writing this post, 17:58 GMT+1

Thanks for any assistance.

If you connect the Node 2i via Ethernet do you have the same issues?

I haven’t been able to connect the Node 2i vai ethernet as the stereo it is part of is too far from my router. I will say that when I use the Node 2i with the BluOS app I don’t have any problems at all.

I am sure @support will be by soon. Is your Wifi running on 2.4 or 5 Ghz? Also, is this a meshed environment or a single access point.

Some people who cannot run ethernet have solved the issue by using a powerline solution. Here is one you might reference: Bluesound Node 2i problems on WiFi

Other things to try:

• If you are using 5Ghz you might try it on 2.4.

• If you using a mesh environment, you might try a single access point solution, as several people have found issues with the Node seeming to auto switch between available networks mesh points, or connect to lesser ones and ignore ones with a stronger signal, thus causing dropouts.

Thanks for this, will look into it.

Hi @Simeon_Everett,

We have managed to reproduce this behavior in the QA lab using BluOS gear via WiFi and we’re working directly with Bluesound to resolve these issues. In the meantime, we would suggest using a direct Ethernet connection instead of WiFi for your 2i devices.

Is this resolved? I just got the bluesound pulse 2i, sounds great but same issue. To take it further, if I group it with ANYTHING, it cuts the music out everywhere … Roon Ready? Not quite. Do I return this, or is it resolved?
Thanks
Mick

Hi @Michael_Singer,

I do not have any updates regarding this issue at this time, I would suggest plugging in your Pulse 2i via Ethernet until this investigation is complete.

I am Also having the very same issue with my Bluesound Pulse Flex 2i, even though the router is really rather nearby.

Any solutions? Will try powerline but it is pretty poor!

Hi @Angus_Doe,

Can you please confirm you are on the latest BluOS firmware for your flex?
You can check via the BluOS iOS or Android app.

Yes it was updated about three weeks ago (these units don’t seem to auto update) and checked it now, no available upgrades. Thanks :slight_smile:

Incidentally I have also had apple airplay cut out, that was a new feature for me after upgrading the software.

So I sortof fixed this by buying a B&W Flex speaker which I hope will not be plagued by all of the drop outs. A shame as I wanted to add another Bluesound instead.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.