Connection to ROCK network share blocked, maybe after external library scans?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUCi5, ROCK Version 1.7 (build 571) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

eero mesh network with a combination of wired and WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Plex media server accessing network share

Description Of Issue

I’m using Plex media server for my music library, primarily so that I can easily access my music while I’m out of the house, and the music library is presented from my ROCK core via the network share.

I’ve noticed that my Plex media server seems to be unable to connect to the ROCK network share after a period of time, possibly after a library scan. When this happens I can’t browse the network share via Explorer on the Plex server either. Rebooting the ROCK restores the access.

Hi @jasonheyd,

How do you have you ROCK share set up? Are you connecting via IP address or Hostname? Is there any change in behavior if you try connecting via IP and set a Reserved IP for ROCK in your router?

I’ve got the share set up as a mapped drive on the Windows Plex server, it’s connecting via numeric IP address, and I’ve already got the ROCK set up with a static reserved IP via DHCP.

When the issue occurs, I can’t access the share from that Windows machine at all, either via the mapped drive or by trying to access it at \\<IP_address>\.

Hi @jasonheyd,

Thanks for that additional info. Can you please let me know the exact local time + date this issue occurs next? I wonder if there are any further clues in your ROCK logs.

I just noticed that it seems to be happening again when I tried to play some music via Plex at 4:48 PM ET (today, July 2).

I was able to play something earlier, today, but I’m not sure whether it stopped working when I tried to play something just now, or sometime in between.

Hi @jasonheyd,

Thanks for the timestamp. Can you please access your ROCK logs by using these instructions and send me a set, either here or via private message (click my name -> message)?

I’ve done some more playing around, and I think this may be a Windows/Plex issue more than a roon issue. If I try to disconnect the mapped drive on my Windows Plex server, it tells me that I have files open in the network share folder. If I shut Plex down, I can access the share again. I don’t see anything in the Windows event logs, but I’m looking through Plex logs now.

@noris I think this can be closed out.

I changed Plex to use \\<IP_address> instead of the mapped drive, and it seems to have been stable since.

Thanks for your willingness to help out!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.