Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet; Bell home 3000 modem

Connected Audio Devices

Moon system with RCA interconnect cables

Number of Tracks in Library

None.

Description of Issue

Morning!

My Roon core has disconnected and I cannot re-connect.

The app just can’t find it and also won’t open preferences or even “about”.

I tested the ethernet connection and have powered cycled the Nucleus + several times. I’ve only used it for a couple of months, just getting into the riches of Roon….

Roon Nucleus + on ethernet. Usually controlled by Apple iPad Pro on wifi, or MacBook Pro on Ethernet or occasionally iPhone on wifi. The app just can’t find it and also won’t open preferences or even “about”. I tested the ethernet connection and have powered cycled the nucleus + several times. I’ve only used it for a couple of months, just getting into the riches of Roon…

Hey @Richard_Owens

Welcome to our Roon Community! This is the place to get help when you run into any problems when using Roon. We’re sorry to hear that you’ve run into a snag while enjoying your Nucleus.

Let’s start with a simple restart of your Roon Remotes.

Power down
Wait a few minutes
Power them back on.
You may see a prompt to look for a new Core.
Go ahead and chose that option if you see it.

If the restart doesn’t work, please uninstall the remote app on those devices and reinstall.

Please let us know if this gets you going. Thanks :v:

Thank you for the reply, but these suggestions did not help.

I am having the exact same issue. Power Cycle did not work. i can see the static Ip on my router showing connected, but cannot even type in the IP address on my computer to see if Roon core can be restarted

Sorry to hear we share the problem! Is yours a nucleus + too?

Mine is Nucleus & not Nucleus +

So what should we do next? It’s been off line more than a week now.

Even I posted my issue and no one has responded. After investing heavily its frustrating not able to use the system.

Yes indeed. A very expensive system and one on which one becomes reliant. I’ve only had it a short time and so it’s been down a pretty material part of its life… nice features but without the ability to stay online they don’t mean much. Let’s hope They come up with something quickly!

Are you guys just getting the Roon logo searching for the core?

Yup. I am getting that.

Just now, I tried again to access the web ui and it was able to load. I still cannot access the remote from my iPad or iPhone.

Yes, that is right.

Are we at a loss? Should I just get a refund for the unit? Is there no way to connect?

Can you access the GUI at the Ethernet address or perhaps at http://nucleus.local

Thank you but no, it seems I cannot. Nothing loads at that address.

Can you connect to a screen via HDMI? What, if anything appears on the screen during and after boot up? And as a sanity check, swap the Ethernet cable out if that is feasible.

When you reset the nucleus did you also disconnect the dac power cable and or power off the at the wall?

Yes, I did.

I’ll do that momentarily. I did test the Ethernet connection with my laptop and it was fine but I’ll try another.