Connection to Roon core impossible

Well, I got some exercise but no results. No signal to the tv.

No output at all suggests a major failure, Time for @support to step in.

Assuming you got the device from Roon direct they will be the support you need. If it was purchased from a Roon Dealer then you should contact the dealer for a replacement or assistance with resolution and troubleshooting.

Thank you. I did get it from a dealer, and will follow up about a replacement.

2 Likes

Hey @Richard_Owens

My sincere apologies for the delayed response here. I’m very sorry for your wait. We definitely want to get this cleared up for you.

Let’s please retry a few things. First let’s begin with a restart of your Nucleus and Router.

• Using the physical power button on the Nucleus, power down the unit and your router.
  • Unplug both
  • Wait a few minutes
  • Plug back in
  • Power them back on.

While you’re waiting: uninstall the Roon Remote on one of your devices, restart the device, reinstall the app, don’t open it yet. When you see a green light on the back of the Nucleus come on and flicker for about a minute, open the Roon Remote app on the device that you reset.

Wait for your Remote to find your Core. If it prompts you to Select a different Core, click the button.

If the Remote doesn’t find the Core or prompt you to select a new Core, then please connect an HDMI cable to one of the ports on the back of your Nucleus to a monitor or television and post a photo of what you see in this thread.

We’ll be watching for your response and get back to you right away.

Thanks for the reply. You may recall that these are all the steps I have already tried. In any event I reposted my problem in a separate thread, two which two people responded and, after further diagnostic steps, determined there to have been a major hardware failure and to contact the dealer about replacement, which I have done.