Connectivity issues - "high quality" Tidal/Roon/Devialet Phantom Speakers

When I access high quality Tidal streaming via Roon and send it to my Phantom I (via Wifi) it works smoothly. When I access high quality Tidal streaming via Roon and send it to my Phantom II (via WIFI OR LAN) I get connectivity issues (connectivity issues - too many failures).

Moved to #support

Hey @Oswald_Jochum,

Thanks so much for getting in touch when you ran into issues and for your patience while we got a chance to reply - it has taken longer than we had hoped.

As a test, could you please connect your Phantoms via a wired connection to your Core and start streaming music from TIDAL? Do you still get the too many failures error?

:pray:

I have now set up the system anew with ONLY 1 of the Phantom II connected via wired connection to my Core - the streaming problems is still there - many failures error when playing high quality via TIDAL (no problem when playing low quality).
This problem only appears to happen with either of the Phantom II (the Phantom I even before could play the TIDAL high quality without problems even via WIFI)

Hi @Oswald_Jochum

Can you give us some more information about your setup, including the Core and network?

Is the Core connected via WIFI or Ethernet?

the info is attached

… and core is connected via ethernet now

Hey @Oswald_Jochum,

Thanks for sharing that information :nerd_face:

Now that your Core is connected via Ethernet, have you seen any change?

Could you please describe in more detail the devices that are part of your audio system and how they are each connected to the Core?

1 Like

I have now only connected my Core to the Internet via LAN cable and the Phantom II is connected to the Internet via LAN cable. Tidal low quality streams all right, TIDAL high quality does NOT. (too many failures… track stops playing - jumps to the next … and the same happens… jumps to next… etc).

To test the setup I disconnected the Phantom II and did the same test with my other Phantom II - same result,
Again ONLy one speaker in the set up.

Then I used my Phantom I (Devialet Gold /Paris) in the same configuration and TIDAL High quality works (also with Wifi / not just LAN)

The problem appears to be soecific to Devialet Phantom II

Thanks for the update, @Oswald_Jochum.

Please note the exact local time + date when this issue next occurs and the name of the track that was playing and upload your Roon Logs by using these instructions. The best way to get them over to me would be via Dropbox / Google Drive, but if you don’t have either service please let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions.

… I have now deactivated all filters in Roon - and now it appears to work fine with Tidal high quality (even via wifi) - not sure why though