Considering Roon/Advice needed: 1) whole home system, 2) multi-channel and 3) classical metadata

Hey @Kurvenal – I don’t have a real timeline for multi-channel to announce, as there is still a good deal of work to be done and we don’t generally offer public timelines until the functionality is in pretty good shape and moving onto the testing phase. That said, this is a priority for us, and we expect the work to happen relatively near term.

You can find a full list on our Knowledge Base, and you can find some recent discussion of cheaper endpoints here. I should note that most of those are DACs, so I assume you would need an amplifier (or two) to replace the Mirage.

We’re looking forward to lots of new Roon Ready devices hitting the market soon, so definitely keep an eye on this site.

There’s absolutely work to be done in this area but the work is well understood, and in progress. Lots of major improvements are coming that we believe should solidify Roon’s handling of classical music as unmatched by anything else out there.

We’ve heard a lot of feedback from classical fans and we’ve used that feedback to design the current round of improvements, but we’re always interested in hearing more, so feel free to let us know what you’re seeing, what works well, and where you think we can improve.

Thanks @Kurvenal!