Consistently losing connection with Sonos speakers

Thank you for giving that a try, @Matt_Cuttler.

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Hey @dylan

Do you want me to also do this test hardwired via Ethernet or does it not matter?

Thanks.

Hi @Matt_Cuttler,

If possible, yes, please test with a wired Ethernet connection.

Thanks!

hey @dylan

error occurred at 9AM EST Sunday. please let me know what’s next…

thanks.

Thanks, @Matt_Cuttler.

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

1 Like

Hi @Matt_Cuttler,

Thanks for your patience here while we have been investigating this. I spoke with the team about the analysis of your diagnostics report and have some next steps here. The team has enabled some additional diagnostics tools that should give us some more information about the behavior you’re seeing.

May I ask that you please reproduce this behavior once more and let us know the time that the error occurs. We will enable diagnostics once more from there so the team can take a look.

hey @dylan

I am now unable to reproduce the error via wired with local files or Tidal streaming currently. I will try to experiment with the wireless speakers now.

@dylan

with wireless, same error now happened at 7:26 AM EST.

Hi @Matt_Cuttler,

Thank you! I’ve enabled diagnostics once more and will pass the report along to the team once it comes it. I’ll be sure to update you ASAP when I receive their feedback.

btw, I was experimenting and experiencing zero drop-outs with Airplay, which I did not try previously. only using the Sonos protocol. seems like an easy solution for now.

Hi @Matt_Cuttler,

I wanted to reach out because I’ve been keeping an eye on our servers, waiting for the aforementioned diagnostics report.

For some reason it is not reaching our servers, even after I tried re-enabling diagnostics on your account. I also ran a quick test and I was able to submit a similar report from my setup here, so something else is going on.

So we can move forward, I was hoping for now you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

hey @dylan

here is a new logs zip: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hof0iqfw5krfybg/Matt_Cuttler_Logs.zip?dl=0

I just caused the errors to occur again, wirelessly, at 8:49AM and 8:50AM EST.

thank you!

Thanks, @Matt_Cuttler!

I’ve passed the logs along to the team. I’ll update you as soon as I’ve received their feedback from the analysis of the logs.

Hi @Matt_Cuttler,

Thanks for your patience here while we have been investigating. I spoke with the team about their investigation here, and we are hoping to get a little more data. We were hoping that once more you could reproduce this issue and reply here with the timestamps. Once you’ve done this I’ll enable diagnostics and get them over to the team to aid in the investigation.

Thanks!
Dylan

Hello @Matt_Cuttler,

I wanted to check in with you here and see if you have had a chance to follow Dylan’s instructions and provide some new timestamps. If you are still experiencing this issue please let me know some timestamps so that we can enable diagnostics mode.

Thanks,
Noris

Hey Noris–

I actually tried this morning to replicate the issue using the Sonos One, wired. No drop-outs.

Should I try wireless as well?

Thanks for checking in.

Hello @Matt_Cuttler,

If the dropouts have subsided using the current connection method, I would leave it as-is. If this issue re-occurs please be sure to let us know the timestamps so that we can take a look at the diagnostics from your machine.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris–

I do not intend to use my Sonos wired, ever. Dylan was only asking me to wire them via Ethernet for the purposes of troubleshooting.

I just experienced the issue just now, at 4:12 PM EST, wireless.

Again, Airplay works fine, so I think I am better off just using that instead of the Sonos protocol. No dropouts.

Thanks.

Hello @Matt_Cuttler,

I just wanted to let you know that the diagnostics from your machine have been received and are still pending review by QA. I will be sure to let you know once I have the completed analysis report from QA regarding your case.

Thanks,
Noris

2 posts were split to a new topic: Galaxy phone loosing connection with Core