Constant music dropouts in Qobuz with Roon

Roon Core Machine

Hello everybody,
My Roon Core in this moment is a Macbook Pro Intel i9 with 16 GB of RAM, I thik more than enough for running Roon

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Modem is a Movistar router model: Router Smart WiFi (HGU) GPT-2741GNAC.
To seriously test it I connect my MacBook via ethernet to the router and use an Auralic Aries G2.1 as end point, the Aries is connected via WiFi to an Airport Extreme. I have no switches in between.

Connected Audio Devices

As I said Auralic Aries G2.1 is my end point connected via WiFi. When I use Lightning DS there are no dropouts no problems with Qobuz in any moment

Number of Tracks in Library

Pretty small, about 5000 tracks

Description of Issue

Constant and repeated music dropouts, don’t matter the size of track (Hi-Res or not). Roon claims Qobuz in loading slow, but when I use Lightning DS there no problems.

Still sounds like some type of network issue.
Unfortunately there is just no comparison with Qobuz extremely lightweight app vs Roon high bandwidth dependent system.

So even though it works fine via the app does not mean there is not a network problem somewhere.

WiFi and Apple airport extreme to endpoint aren’t Roon favotites combination. Try to to connect your Auralic by cable and see If the problem persists.

Hi @Leonardo_Espejo_Sant,

I wanted to check in with you to see if you’d had an opportunity to follow up on the suggestions here.

Please let me know. I’ll be tracking your issue and am happy to help.

Thanks,
Wes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.