Constant pausing since upgrading MacBook pro to 'Big Sur'

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
MacBook pro, 11.1 OS.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
MacBook pro wireless to Telstra router, then ethernet from router to Naim NDX2.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Roon worked perfectly until this upgrade - now it pauses at random and increasingly frequent intervals to the point where it has become unusable.

This is likely an issue with Wi-Fi … some people experience dropouts and unreliable connnections with Big Sur. You could Google–I prefer to DuckDuckGo–for a possible solution or recreate the Wi-Fi configuration by following the following steps. Also, please note that for best results your Core should use a wired connection.

1. Turn off Wi-Fi on your Macbook
  2. Open Finder and press G
  3. Type /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ in the box and hit Enter
  4. Select the following files:
    • NetworkInterfaces.plist
    • com.apple.wifi.message-tracer.plist
    • com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
    • preferences.plist
  5. Move these files to your Desktop
  6. Restart the Macbook
  7. Re-enable Wi-Fi

You can delete the files on the Desktop is the problem is resolved or unchanged.

Hi @John_Farrow,

Apologies for the delay due to the weekend!

Is there any change if you reboot the Core?

Does this happen for all endpoints?

I followed the suggestions from Martin and that improved the position - now it only seems to drop out when not very close to the router which would seem to suggest it is a wireless/roon/big sur issue - interestingly using the Naim app via wireless works perfectly (but of course at the cost of the album management and album data not being was good as Roon). Whether I control selections from the core (MacBook) or the iPad does not seem to make a difference.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.