Constant Updating of User Library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Dedicated MacMini Mid 2010 running latest Roon Server Core

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Latest ASUS Modem/Switch 5G/2.4G Ethernet connected to ALL Devices

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

FireWire 800 to a 2TB SSD Drive, Optical connection into NAD C390DD etc

Description Of Issue

Folks,
I have a 2TB Library that is TRULY STATIC in that if I add anything to it say every 6 months or so, why do I constantly need to see the disk drive being accessed just to validate the Library contents???

Granted, I have Qobuz that the Roon Library needs to maintain and do backup on, but where my main library is for the most part truly STATIC why do I need these constant updates?
What I ideally would want is to declare my 2TB Library Read-Only and let Roon handle any Roon Library changes which IS ON ANOTHER DISK to maintain That!!!

Hi @Laurier_St.Onge,

How do you know that Roon is accessing the drive, do you see the HDD light on it flicker or is there some info in Roon saying that the drive is being scanned?

Folks, this is the 2nd time I wrote a detailed explanation of a problem I am having only to find I got an unable to send email error!!!

Just simply replied and got a send error!!!

Were you replying here in the forum or trying to send an email ?

Hi @Laurier_St.Onge,

At this time you cannot respond via email, you can only reply via our Community Forum, here is a direct link to your thread: Constant Updating of User Library. Can you please copy + paste the details you originally had in the email into this forum and post it here?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.