Continuing problems

Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10, Roon B528

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
My upload and download speeds are well above 350 kbps and I have a great amount of disc space.

**Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Roon Tidal to Kef LS50w

Description Of Issue
Hi again,
I’ve had the service running but there are a number of glitches.

• To navigate the site from start-up to every interaction thereafter I have to minimize the page and then enlarge the page to enable the command, that being to choose an artist or song or volume every action needs to be assisted through minimizing and enlarging the page.

• I also have no scrolling capacity, so I drag my mouse on the page then minimize and maximize again to navigate the page.

• I also have to highlight the artist in the search engine after typing in my request as it is invisible until highlighted, then press enter for the engine to function.

Needless to say this is ridiculous. I am hoping this can be resolved. Thanks.

Can you control Roon successfully using a tablet, phone or other PC/ laptop? Do you have the latest display drivers installed for your Windows 10 computer?

Firstly you have no system info details…CPU and hardware make model etc would be of help.

Secondly 350kbps is hardly anything near what speeds will support any streaming…unless you mistakenly meant mbps in which case you should be ok.

have you also tried the 32bit version of roon…this can be a solution for some limited or Intel HD graphics based platforms that are having issues.

Hi there, it’s a yes to both questions.

I meant Mbps. Intel Core i5-9600 processor, 4.6 GHz. and I have tried the 32bit version.

is this a new setup - you are not a new member here…what has changed if anything? Is it streaming only? is there any spinning icon top right of screen?

Hi again, it started freezing about 10 days ago or so, so I rebooted and started having various glitches I have been in contact with roon support and they have checked my logs and I have been rebooting and trying a new driver and got it so it is no longer frozen but I am stuck with above mentioned glitches. The spinning icon is gone from when I was having trouble downloading roon. I also am having no trouble with other streaming services.

Just ran a windows 10 pro update, uninstalled roon, rebooted system when installing roon again I am back to the point where the download procedure stops on the page where Tidal+ Roon are linked and it says to open Roon but that doesn’t happen nor do I get redirected.

I suggest you give support time to respond but its a weekend so be patient I guess.

Is the computer used for other things? Is it working for other applications?

Oh thanks, I was wondering why they were silent. This is my home computer used for entertainment and social purposes and I use a laptop with vpn for work.

Thanks as well for hanging in there and showing what strong community support is all about.

Hello @dan,

It shouldn’t be necessary to be redirected back to Roon. Once you have successfully logged in on the browser you can go ahead and switch back to Roon manually and it should be logged in.

-John

Here is the last page I get to and can go no further.

You’ve successfully connected your TIDAL account.

Return to Roon if your browser doesn’t automatically redirect you…

Hello @dan,

When you reach this screen, Roon should be successfully logged into Tidal. The automatic re-opening of the Roon app may fail due to browser or security settings on the PC.

When the message shows that you have successfully connected your Tidal account, no further action is needed in the browser. You can switch back to Roon and start enjoying your Music :headphones:

-John

1 Like

It is unfortunate that this has happened after so many months trouble free, it is beyond my understanding.I have put Roon into my trusted sites on McAfee and checked browser settings and security from my provider. I will take time with the person who built my computer and see if we can fool around with various windows 10 pro versions or start from the bottom up. Thanks for trying, I will get back to you soon.

Hello @dan,

I’m not sure I understand, based on what you are seeing in the browser window things should be working correctly insofar as Roon being able to use Tidal.

Logging into Tidal via the browser should be a rare occurrence, once every few months at most.

As long as you can access your Tidal account within the Roon application, I wouldn’t spend any of your time troubleshooting why the browser forwarding isn’t working.

-John

I finally got back to the Roon page again but I am back to my original problem which Roon support was trying to help me with the other day. Which is, to navigate the site from start-up to every interaction thereafter I have to minimize the page and then enlarge the page to enable the command, that being to choose the next page in the set up procedure all the way and continuing to choose an artist or song or volume every action needs to be assisted through minimizing and enlarging the page. I also have no scrolling capacity, so I drag my mouse on the page then minimize and maximize again to navigate the page. I also have to highlight the artist in the search engine after typing in my request as it is invisible until highlighted, then press enter for the engine to function. Thanks for your continued support.

Roon is working fine on my Android which I am using now it’s my desktop where my core is located that is having the problem. The page looks the same as it always has, it is just not able to be navigated without the above mentioned practices. Thanks.

Try changing or updating the graphics drivers

Optionally try running the Roon Server as the core then the roon as the remote client.