Continuous drop outs [Resolved using new USB cable]

I have reinstalled Roon , I have reinstalled Windows , reinstalled the Microrendu software but still get the same problem where there are tiny drop outs all the time.

If I go to the logs I can see multiple instances of:

07/27 09:39:46 Warn: [raat_ll/client] [Sonore microRendu @ 192.168.1.5:35583] failed to connect No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192

and

07/27 09:40:10 Trace: [push] restarting connection (Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.

I assume its some sort of network issue but I have never had the problem before.
Thanks
Tony

Hi Tony,

I’ll leave a tag for @support, in the meantime could you confirm the following:

• Was this setup working before you reinstalled Roon / Windows etc.?
  • What build of Roon is running?
  • Are there any firewall running on the Windows machine?
  • Are all the device hardwired to the LAN?

Was this setup working before you reinstalled Roon / Windows etc.?
Yes was working fine so when the dropouts started I then did the reinstalls.

Thanks Carl

What build of Roon is running?
1.3 Build 247

Are there any firewall running on the Windows machine?
Yes but Roon is allowed through , checked that.

Are all the device hardwired to the LAN?
Yes , not wifi. The router is in a separate room , but the Ethernet no Microrendu is direct into the wall.

Hi @Tony_McEvoy ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. Both are appreciated.

I would like to piggy back a bit on Carl’s post ( @Carl :innocent:) and ask you a few more questions about your setup. Please see below.

Further Data Gathering…

1. Please confirm what the Rendu is attached to. I’d like to have a little more knowledge about what this end point is made up of equipment wise.

2. Please verify where your music is being stored/accessed from.

3. You mentioned the following in regard to your network configuration:

“The router is in a separate room , but the Ethernet no MicroRendu is direct into the wall.”

Apologies for any confusion on my part, but may I very kindly ask you to elaborate a bit more on this configuration. I want to have a clearer understanding of what the chain of communications looks like and all devices involved with getting music from your core to this endpoint.

Troubleshooting Questions…

1. If you are making use of a NAS or external storage device to store your media … have you tried playing locally stored content on the device hosting your Roon core? If so, did you still have dropouts?

2. If you were to bypass the mentioned endpoint (i.e MicroRendu) and play directly our of the internal speakers (or to a pair of head phones) on the core machine do you experience drop outs?

FYI: Troubleshooting Audio Dropouts

-Eric

Thanks Eric , I’m just back with a new USB cable which seems to have fixed the problem. Apologies for not trying that first but the messages above from the log led me to think it was a network issue. Are those messages above normal ?