Continuous scanning

Not sure what’s happening since everything seems to be working great but my OCD can’t stop noticing the constant activity scan in the UI.

Hi @Jonathan_Greene,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Is the import / scanning progressing at all or is it stuck on the numbers shown there?

Since noticing this have you tried rebooting your Core machine?

sorry but what aspect are you looking for as there’s quite a bit on that link.

My system is a Dell XPS Win 10 Pro with 24MB of RAM and about 1TB or so on an external drive. Roon Server runs headless. I’m seeing that spinning on any controller … another Win 10 machine in the house, my iPhone, iPad … it’s always running.

Looked again now actually and the numbers on the scanning screen capture are the same.

Hi @Jonathan_Greene,

Thanks for the update.

How many tracks total are in your library? Are they all stored on the external drive? What kind of drive is it? Do you also use TIDAL or Qobuz?

Moving forward I’d like to enable some diagnostics on your account so we can take a look at what you’re experiencing here. Before I do this, may I ask that you please do the following and make a note of the time you do each:

• Reboot your Core machine.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for ~5 minutes.
  • Reboot your Core machine once more.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for another ~5 minutes.

This should allow the team to gain some insight into what you’re experiencing in the report. Once you’ve done this let me know the timestamps and I’ll enable diagnostics on your account. When the diagnostics report is uploaded I’ll send it over to our team for analysis.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.