Controlling Roon from the iOS Notification Center as a widget (Using Workflow App)

That sounds great, what do I need to do on my end?

Check out the ā€œJoin the developmentā€ part within the Roon Extension Manager v0.7.1 post. Jan, the dev will help you out Iā€™m sure.

Main criteria for inclusion is that the developer wants his extension to be included :slight_smile:

Add an entry to the repository file for your extension and give me a pull request.

1 Like

Hi Jan, I created the pull request, glad to be part of the project!

2 Likes

Your extension is in!

Users that have enabled auto update can install it after the next update cycle.

2 Likes

Cool, does ist work with ROCK?

I know this is an old thread, but Iā€™m wondering if anybody is still willing to offer a little help. If soā€¦

Iā€™m using an 8i3 NUC, and port 3000 results in a ā€œServer not foundā€ error. If I delete the port number the shortcut runs, but it doesnā€™t actually do anything.

Any sense of what Iā€™m doing wrong? Many thanks to anybody who knows more about this than I do (which is damn near everybody).

Jan

I couldnā€™t see this extension.
Is it still in your library?

EDIT:
Found it :grinning:

Hello,

Iā€™m attempting to do this following the instructions provided. But Iā€™m stuck and I donā€™t understand what to do next. Hoping you will help me out with some step by step instructions for someone whoā€™s never done this before and doesnā€™t understand what some of the terminology means. Hereā€™s the point where I do not understand what to do:

Set up the server

1. On the machine that you want to run the server from (usually best to do so on your Roon core), git clone this repository into a suitable location (you may need to install Git if you havenā€™t already, although installing Node.js requires Git).

Hi
I appreciate Iā€™m resurrecting an old thread. It seems like the Apple Shortcuts app has replaced Workflow.is and should do everything workflow used to, but the link provided to your app no longer works.

Can someone either share a link to a current Apple shortcut app with all the functionality of the remote, or the code for me to copy/paste into the app?
Iā€™m really keen to get this working, but less keen to reinvent the wheel unless I have to!
Thanks in advance
Rich

I donā€™t think you need to do all this now that thereā€™s an Extension Manager app. In Roon go to Settings > Extensions and enable the Extension Manager. Once youā€™ve done that, you can find the RESTful Roon Remote in the Web/Connectivity list of extensions. Assuming thatā€™s worked then the bit thatā€™s left is to set up the commands on your phone (the bit Iā€™m struggling with now).