Controllers crash can no longer access ROON-nucleus +

Some important information just discovered.
Daniel advised me to disconnect my DAC-this is my primary audio zone.
I then was able to open the Roon APP on my MAC desktop.
When I reconnected the DAC and selected it for the audio Zone the App immediately crashed.
The Chord DAC seems to be involved but Im not sure if it is a Nucleus issue

Ok i believe with the help of Daniel I have narrowed this down to a Nucleus issue.

1. Daniel Had me disconnect my Chord DAC from the nucleus.

2. He then has me connect the Chord to my IMAC via the same USB cable as it was connected to the nucleus.

3. The Chord DAC was recognized by the IMAC.

4. I then opened the ROON desktop APP (which worked) and the CHORD was recognized by ROON. I then selected the Chord as the audio zone and was able to play music through it.

I believe this strongly indicates an issue with my Nucleus USB port or something in the software having to do with Zones.

Or possibly something else that you might know?

Hope we can get a bit of focus on my Nucleus today as it appears to be the Issue

Thank you

I also tried the other USB port to make sure it wasn’t that but no change

Rebeka
Do you think I will get some guidance on the info above, today, or more likely tomorrow?
Thank you

Hey @thomas_clark1,

Thanks again for keeping us updated every step of the way. I’ve taken your case to our team ( I should have mentioned this) and I am waiting on a reply.

One thing that might help us is this: if you can connect your Chord to your Nucleus one more time and have the Roon software crash, could you please grab a set of logs immediately after and upload them here? Please, make note of the local date and time and share that with us as well in a post on this thread.

Sure will do.

1 Like

Hey @thomas_clark1,

I just heard back from our team. We think this is what should solve it:

1. Stop RoonServer on Nucleus WebUI.
  2. Access data share on Nucleus.
  3. Go to RoonServer/Database/Registry/Core/ and delete any files that start with “endpoint” or “raat”.
  4. Start RoonServer via Nucleus WebUI.

Alternatively, instead of no. 3, delete the entire RAATServer folder.

Thanks a bunch :nerd_face:

logs taken and uploaded to Norris 12-8-21 @ 1422

do you need anything else?

1 Like

oh ok
i will try that

1 Like

ok did that rebooted Nucleus ( I did # 3)…I rebooted Nucleus just to be sure.
I opened roon desktop and it immediately crashed. My android phone app does the same as it has been doing …i opened the app…selected the Chord DAC and the APP still just froze…so no change in stats after troubleshooting suggestion…

what next?

Thanks for trying this right away, @thomas_clark1. The next step would be to delete GMS files on your remote.

1. Locate your Roon database folder. Instructions can be found here
  2. Inside this folder navigate to Registry → Client
  3. Remove and files that start with GMS
  4. Try to launch Roon once again

ok…will try …thank you

1 Like

went there but no files with GMS in them…just branding,clockskew,currentversion,launched,launchedagain,osversion

did i look in wrong place?

Hey @thomas_clark1,

It should be in the Client folder, under Registry. Would you be able to share a screenshot of this folder?

should i delete entire RAAT server file as suggested as an alternative earlier?

Yes, please. That’s be lovely!

unfortunately same result…DAC found as a device to select in a zone…as soon as i do the MAC desktop app crashes…APP on Android phone does the same…it freezes when i select the zone that DAC is in

Im sure you guys are finishing for the day.
Ill be working tomorrow but hoping for some info I could try when I get home for this confounding issue
thank you for the help today

1 Like

Rebeka-
Good Morning
Im hoping today will bring a solution to my latest Roon issue.
As mentioned I will be at work all day and will not be able to try out any solutions until I get home.
Even if no solution comes today Im hoping I could at least get the following information.

-Does the Roon brain trust feel it is a mechanical problem with the Nucleus or a software issue that can be fixed on my end?

-Do the folks @ ROON have any idea what this could be or maybe a better question have they seen this issue before?

-likely and impossible question to answer at this point:
Is there any idea how long this issue could take to get fixed?

Yesterday was productive in that with Daniels help I determined it is not my DAC as that worked fine when connected to my IMAC and not the Nucleus.

Thank you
tom