Controls Slow Response

Noticed since latest build controls not very responsive.If I hit pause or stop button music will continue to play for about 10 seconds

Hi @Outlaw,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does this behavior occur with all remotes?

Have you tried rebooting your Core and the remote devices since the update?

Latest version of Roon.Windows 10 64 bit.Roon and HQPlayer on core PC.Core has 8086K cpu.16 gb of corsair dominator 3200mhz.M.2 ssd drive.Use with tidal and my music stored on external ssd connected to core with 400 albums.Also use nuc as a naa device with windows 10 pro.Main router is a asus 3100.second router is a asus 87u used in bridge mode.All wired.Control with a I pad air.and windows Samsung laptop.Tried rebooting

Hi @Outlaw,

Do you see the slowness with both of these devices?

Is the Core machine connected to the main router or the secondary router?

Do both TIDAL and local content experience the slowness when playing that content?

See slowness when controlling with both.Core machine connected to main router.And both tidal and local content experience slowness.

Rteied Roon on its own tonight.If I use Roon on its own everything works fine.The issue is when I use HQPlayer with Roon were I have issues

Hi @Outlaw,

Glad to hear that things are working okay when only Roon is in use. Does it occur every time you re-enable HQPlayer?

Yes.With Roon or HQPlayer on its own.

Do you think be worth a try to install Roon instead of Roon Server on core Pc ?

Hi @Outlaw,

Definitely give that a try. It would be a good test to know if this same slowness occurs when directly on the Core machine.

Thanks!

I will give it a try.Some days want to through the computer out the window and drag out the CD player.

Installed Roon instead of Roon server same issue

What filter are you using in HQP? Closedform-M and sinc-M have about 10 secs delay. Try poly-sinc-ext2.

Also check ‘buffer time’, 100ms works well but 10000ms would be 10 secs.

Don’t think filters would have anything to do with slow response of controls while using app.Issue that i’m having is when i hit stop the music will continue to play for approx 10 secs