Converting Sooloos library to Roon without Control 10

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Control 10 using QNAP NAS for storage

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Nightforce Router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

Meridian G series pre amp

Description Of Issue

Hi All,

I’m new here and was after a bit of advice. I used to have a Sooloos Control 10 as my music server. It died the other day and Meridian are saying it is unrepairable. This has now given me the kick up the bum to move to Roon.

The problem I have is I no longer have a functioning Control 10 to export my library. I am not keen on putting all my music manually onto my QNAP NAS again. Is there another way to convert the Sooloos stored data to the format used by Roon?

Any help appreciated.

Hi @Craig_Herron,

In order to properly convert your Sooloos library to something that can be used by Roon, you’ll need to have the storage device containing your Sooloos files connected to a Sooloos Core. Once you’ve done this, you can use the steps found here to migrate your library to a format that Roon can use.

QNAP devices can run Sooloos Core, so that may be the best way to go if you have access to the files also stored on the QNAP. If the Sooloos files are on the Control 10, Meridian would need to help you retrieve that data.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.