Copy files external HDD to the SSD installed in the Nucleus

How can I transfer my music files from external USB HDD to internal SSD I added and formatted?

Documentation shows network share. The external drive is connected by USB.

This is on Nucleus, not PC or Mac.

Connect your external USB HDD To your PC or Mac. Browse to the samba share on your nuc and transfer the files :slight_smile:

I don’t have a pc or Mac in the system (network). Just hdd connected to nucleus.

@Donald_Bennett You have an interesting issue. I guess you formatted the SSD in the Nucleus using the Web Administration Interface on a phone or tablet. Well, if you don’t have a PC or Mac to transfer the files, just borrow one from a friend for a day!

Hello @Donald_Bennett,

Just to confirm what other people are saying in this thread, you will need another Mac of Windows computer to perform the transfer using SMB.

If you can borrow a friend’s computer for a day that could work, or your Nucleus dealer may be able to assist here with the transfer music process. Do let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Noris

Thanks. I do have a pc and an iMac pro at work. I guess I will gust pack up the nucleus and take it to work.

Seems like there should be a way to do it without a pc or Mac. That is why I bought the nucleus

@Donald_Bennett Understand your frustration. How do you plan to get additional music on your SSD once you do the initial transfer? As for me, I use a Win10 PC to add files to my Nucleus SSD: either ones that I have purchased or ones that I have burned via an attached CD drive. Other than that, I don’t use my PC for any Roon-related stuff, as I use a tablet or phone as a controller for my Nucleus.

I have 700 gb of songs. I do not plan to add anymore. These are 30+ years of collecting cds. I have about 5,000 original cds I have stored.

New music, I stream tidal, mostly Mqa

If I needed to add any, I will just tak the nucleus back to work.

Hello @Donald_Bennett,

I would agree with you that there can be some improvements made regarding importing music with a Nucleus, and as such, I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the 'feature request" section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

If you have any issues getting the import working using your work iMac, just let me know and I can assist.

Thanks,
Noris

Used the iMac pro today. Worked like a champ.

Would be helpful at add verbage in manual that a Mac or pc must be used and transfer cannot be done otherwise.

Anyway, I also just signed up for lifetime.

Thanks for all the advise.

2 Likes

Happy to help @Donald_Bennett! I will note that request for the team, hope you have a great day!

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.