Copy Roon fields and paste in edit fields

Moved this to the feature request thread,

Could you be more specific? I can paste into the search box but I don’t recall being able to copy text from any of the Roon Remote views, which is annoying at times.

I’m agree with you, if it’s possible to select the text of roon I can translate it in my language easily with google translate.

Oh how many times I’ve wanted to copy an artist’s name, an album or composition title! Most of the time it is to easily paste a composition’s formal name to other segments in order to maintain consistency and maximize chances for a successful Roon ID.

But, save for a handful of buried text boxes, text cannot be grabbed in Roon.

Please give this consideration. It will keep Roon from being a chore. I realize copyright issues may discourage making everything grabable but surely titles and names don’t matter.

Thanks

2 Likes

IMO that’s a request that definitely makes a lot of sense. +1

Titles, for example, can be copied by editing, tapping the edit icon, and selecting. (Ctrl-c). Then ignoring the edit!

A bit clunky, but, especially with funny characters, it does the job.

Brian

Would be very nice if you could select text and copy to clipboard. I wanted to search an album title in Discogs and had to type the title in.

Would have been much easier to select text in Roon and copy to clipboard

2 Likes

I agree. This has been asked before and the only way I know of is this rather clunky method.

Brian

1 Like

Topics merged.

And don’t forget accessibility. I would appreciate it.

I would like to copy text from Roon, to search for things online and when I write about music.

The ability to copy the names of artists, tracks and albums would be very useful

If Roon is afraid/unable to make text-copying available in general for copyrights reasons (editorial content) - I will suggest a seperate dialog box where basic track info is displayed in a manner so that you can copy the text strings you need - artists, track names and album names.

5 Likes

A possible workaround to get the basic info is to use Roon’s Export function to export the text to an Excel spreadsheet…

Sounds quite inconvenient - but how do you do that?

Very easily. Right click on your selected items (e.g. tracks or albums), so that you get the menu bar across the top of the screen, and choose the “Export…” from the 3 dots menu. Then click the “Export to Excel” tab and click the button. An Excel spreadsheet with all the metadata from your selected items will be created and placed on the desktop.

Been requested previously. IIRC not possible because the text you see on screen is not actually text but part of rendered graphic

Yup - its seems like that is how it works. Dont know why they did it that way. But anyway they could give the option to get an “info box” where the text is real text. This is a major drawback for me.

Thanks, @Geoff_Coupe =)

Need for a snappy UI.

I have a request becuase sometime I have some problem to translate the text of song , cover, comments or critic from english to my language; so it coul be appreciated if coul be possible to copy the text and use it for online translation.
I ask if could be possible .
Thanks

it’s all pixel rendering rather than traditional text so it can’t be done.