Copying files to Roon

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC 10 Performance Bundle, Core i5-10210U, 16GB RAM, Kingston NV1 1TB NVMe SSD.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

4 port Netgear modem.
Roon remotes : iPad, iPhone and Windows PC.

Connected Audio Devices

RoPieee streamer connected through USB cable to Gustard x16 DAC.

Number of Tracks in Library

65413 tracks

Description of Issue

A quick question! Has anyone had any trouble copying your own music to Roon? I have tried Apple lossless files and MP3 files and the files still wonโ€™t copy into the attached storage to my NUC. Any suggestions would be appreciated ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Dragging file directly to Roon! Then confirming yes to copy ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ. Also copied directly to storage connected to NUC ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Both have not worked lately.

Colin, when you state that the files wonโ€™t copy, do you mean they are not on the NUCโ€™s internal storage (not the OS drive), that they copied but are not being imported to the Roon library, or that they are not even copied to the drive(s) to which you are moving them? Is there enough available storage on the target drive(s)?

2 Likes

Could you share which path you are copying the files to on your NUC (with Roon ROCK?).

It is also very important to state if you run NUC with Roon ROCK, Windows or Linux.

On my Nucleus+ I copy my files to internal 2.5" drive via this folder
\nucleusplus.local\Data\Storage\InternalStorage

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for there suggestions. I have just had a Roon update and all my files are copying to the external drive which is attached to my Roon NUC core.

cheers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.