Copying music files from USB drive to Nucleus+

I have not been able to copy music files from a USB drive attached directly to my Roon Nucleus+ to copy music files from the USB drive to the installed SSD in the Nucleus+

The Nucleus shows the USB drive. It shows up in the Storage folder next to the folder for Internal Storage (the SSD drive). But if I open two finder windows and try to copy files from the USB drive to the internal storage folder, I get the following error message:

The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “Garry Wills” can’t be read or written. (Error code -36)

It happens for every file I try to copy, not just that one.

How should I set up a USB drive in order to be able to copy via USB from the drive to the internal SSD?

Thanks

What’s your version of macos? It may need an update.

Else you may try to format the USB drive with exFAT. That should work

What you’re attempting to do isn’t a good way to migrate the music to your internal drive. What’s actually happening here is that the MAC is moving the data from the USB drive over the network to a local buffer and then sending that data back to the Nucleus to write it to the SSD. This is a very inefficient operation.

The better way to do this is to connect the USB drive to your Mac and then copy it from there over the network to the Nucleus.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks and will try that.