Copying Music Files from USB to New Nucleus+ internal SSD

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus+ Rev 2, newest build.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet, Orbi WiFi with Macbook Air Roon to set up. All worked with past Roon Core Server.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Doesn’t matter

Description Of Issue

All I want to do is copy my Music Library to a new 2TB SSD that is installed and recognized in the Nucleus+. I have asked this similar question 10 different ways and have found no answer. This seems to be a basic issue of any new Nucleus owners. I have been a Roon user on a Windows 10 machine for 2+ years without many problems. It successfully implemented my backup. Please help.

I’m not sure I can answer your question, but I’ll start by asking a question. Where do you have your music files stored now? Also, do you have these music files backed up somewhere outside of Roon such as a USB drive?

I’ve only got these four albums and I copied them from a drive on my laptop to this internal SSD on my Nucleus using Windows 10 File Explorer.

HI Glen,

Did you review the migration instructions here.

Yes, I read it and I recommend they explain the file structure of Nucleus. I had no idea I could copy files within Finder without completely screwing up something. All I saw were warnings. The migration instructions didn’t help. I have figured it out and all is well now.

Thanks for the response. Your reply was more illustrious than the migration instructions.

1 Like

Perhaps the specific article on the Nucleus Internal Storage, with its section on copying music to the internal drive is clearer?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.