Core can’t handle both streams in the same zone - NUC to HDMI

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 NUC

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue
When I start the core, play over the HDMI-Zone on the NUC and simultaneously switch to HDMI with Roon remote on a tablet, than this information does not change the Stream over HDMI and it seems that the Core can’t handle both streams in the same zone and the connection from NUC to HDMI breaks…

Is there any solution to this problem?

Greetings
Steve

Hi @Steve_Elsas,

Just to clarify, these are the steps you’re taking:

1. Start Roon on the Windows 10 Core
  2. On the Windows 10 Core you start playback to the HDMI Zone
  3. Next, you switch to an Android remote and also select the HDMI Zone
  4. When you try to start playback from the Android remote, Roon loses connection to the HDMI Zone

Is this correct?

Do you receive any errors in Roon? Do you see still see the HDMI Zone in Roon at all?

Hi, Dylan,

What a quick answer ! I‘m happy with my lifetime-account !

Yes, you described it well, but it‘s an Ipad pro… As I had the monitor of. My NUC still working, I could recognize the behaviour of the NUC‘s Roon-software and the remote-software (which is not a remote of the NUC‘s software but of the CORE, indeed) when I tried to use HDMI over the Ipad, both, NUC and Ipad loose HDMI-connection and can‘t find the the zones for digital output.

On the other hand I solved the problem of frequently loosing connetion to HDMI even when playing from one source: On the NUC you have to change the preadjusted powersaving modes of the lockscreen to ‚never‘ and on roon in SETUP. ‚Keep screen awake‘ and there will be no disruption any more…

Greetings

Steve

Hi again, Dylan,

During the process of loosing the digital connections thera are no messages from Roon, but in SETTINGS- AUDIO. the digital connections are not to find, even after refreshing…

Cheers

Steve

Hi @Steve_Elsas,

Can I please ask you to share a few screenshots of your Roon Settings -> Audio tab when this issue occurs? You can upload screenshots to this site by using these instructions.

Can you clarify which digital connections you expect to see here? If you can share a before/after screenshot this would be helpful with the before showing the digital outputs and the after screenshot after reproducing the issue and they disappear. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.