Core can't connect to endpoints

I’m currently having this issue after re-subscribing to Roon and changing internet providers. My Core (Acer Laptop), Chromecast Audio and iPhone are all connected to the same network but they don’t seem to be talking to each other. My phone won’t connect to my Core, it just keeps saying connection failed. When I try to enable Chromecast my amps screen powers on (indicating it’s getting a signal from the Chromecast) but Roon doesn’t actually connect. It all works perfect using Spotify but no luck with Roon. I have tried restoring Chromecast to factory settings and re-setting it up and also rebooting my Core.

Anything else I can try?

EDIT I reinstalled Roon on my laptop and phone and still no dice. Strangely, when I try to enable Chromecast in Roon my amp makes a noise but still Roon still doesn’t show as enabled and no music will play through it. My Google Home app also shows “Playing Roon” so things seem to be linking up.

Hi @deniall83,

I have split your post into it’s own thread so I can better assist. With the symptoms you are describing, a firewall is often the cause.

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path. I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have.

If you have any other Antivirus applications such as McAFee/Kaspersky/ect. I would verify what the behavior is like with these temporarily turned off, as I have sometimes seen these applications cause issues in Roon. Once the problem is identified, proper exceptions need to be made.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions. This was indeed the issue and it has now been resolved!

1 Like

Hi @deniall83,

Glad to hear that, hope you have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.