Cisco 2960 Switch
Sophos UTM Firewall
Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Naim NDX2

Number of Tracks in Library

392k Tracks

Description of Issue

Since or about the same time as Roon 2 the Core is continually rebooting.
It reboots regardless of music playing

Hi @Steve_Harris1,

I’m sorry you’re having trouble. Can you tell me whether or not your core is online right now? If I look at diagnostics I’m not seeing anything online.

Please let me know what your latest status is.

Thanks,
Wes

Wes, it is online now and in fact is just rebooting. My firewall may well be stopping you see my Core. I can send you the log files if it helps?

Hi Steve,

Please note the exact local time + date when this issue next occurs and the name of the track that was playing and upload your Roon Logs by using these instructions. The best way to get them over to me would be via Dropbox / Google Drive, but if you don’t have either service please let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions.

Wes

Wes

I got tired of waiting, so I decided to swap out my NUC for a second one to just check if it was a NUC problem or a software one. I’m sorry to say the second NUC (a similar model to the first but with 16Gb RAM) is also rebooting randomly.

I will therefore put back my primary NUC and send you the logs. Sometimes it restarts when no music is playing. This morning the substitute NUC restarted just after I asked ROCK to start a backup.

I’m concerned about how long this is taking: not ideal to have a tech issue just after a major update but equally, maybe not surprising.

I guess you just don’t have enough support staff.

I thought just showing how often the log file changes might give an impression of the scale of the problem. A new log file is created every restart.

Hi @Steve_Harris1,

We have identified an issue and are working on a fix on our end that could affect your situation.

In the meantime, I do see some storage errors that are at least partially responsible for the log filling you see. One easy thing to try is to (under settings>storage) remove your storage locations and add them back.

Let me know. We are working on the issue on our side.

Wes

I removed and reinstated all the shares. I also updated to build 1143. Left it overnight I find it’s still restarting, this morning.

It’s now running far better but still a few restarts. Is there still a plan to release a fix? What was wrong with the existing storage locations that I had to delete and reinstall?

It’s been a week and no reply. still randomly restarting and some metadata seems confused.

Reluctant to clean and start again until I know restarting problem fixed.

Hi @Steve_Harris1 ,

Can you please confirm if there’s been any change in behavior after updating to the latest Roon release from yesterday? There was an issue fixed that may have impacted your setup. Please do let us know if there have been any improvements regarding the rebooting issue, thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.