Core loses connection after clearing cache

I use a Small Green Computer i7 SonicTransporter as the Roon core and a UltraRendu as the Roon endpoint. A Western Digital hard drive is plugged into the i7 SonicTransporter. The i7 SonicTransporter is plugged into a 5 port passive switch that is plugged into an Xfinity cable modem. The 5 port switch is also plugged into a tp-link AV-2000 2-port Gigabit ethernet powerline adapter. The other ethernet powerline adapter, located upstairs in my listening room, is connected to an 8 port passive switch. The power saving mode for both of the tp-link AV-2000 ethernet powerline adapters is switched off. The UltraRendu is connected to 8 port switch via an ethernet cable and to an Oppo 205 DAC via a USB cable.

When I clear the Roon cache and try to re-start Roon the core connects for a second or two and then connection is lost over and over again. At this point, the only way to start Roon is to reboot the i7 SonicTransporter (Roon Core), however, when I do this the music drive connected to the i7 SonicTransporter (Roon Core) is not found. I have to re-mount the hard drive at which point the music files are re-scanned and Roon functions.

Andrew from SGC perused the Roon Server Diagnostics and saw several lines in the log that looked suspect. He counseled that I contact Roon tech support. I have copied Roon Server Diagnostics log into a word document. Could you advise how I can get the Roon Server Diagnostics to Roon support peronnel?

Thanks,
Fernando

Hi @Fernando_Maldonado,

I will be sending you a private message in a shortly on how to get that info over to us. Just as an initial note: we have often seen issues regarding powerline adapters, so I would verify how the setup performs when the powerline adapters are not in use and the Core and Roon Remote are connected directly to the router via Ethernet.

Thanks,
Noris

I will be sending the information shortly. At various times, during troubleshooting I have had the Roon core directly connected to the router via ethernet cable. In one instance I took the powerline ethernet adapters out of the setup by connecting the two switches with a 50 ft ethernet cable (one switch downstairs plugged into the router via ethernet and the other switch upstairs in my listening room) and still had the same issue. One of my Roon remote is always connected to the downstairs switch via ethernet.

Thanks,
Fernando

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.