Core lost connection to remotes

I cant connect my remotes to the core. No problems for 2 years, but a couple of days back it lost connection andcant reconnect. In setup I allow for remote connections of course. Tried shutting everything down and starting it again. But no! Whgat can I try?
On my ipad I got something about no IP adress.

No IP address will get you not very far… sound like you have a router or wifi issue… maybe try powering down all you network gear (modem, router,any switches etc) and on it again and see if that helps. Restart the core too while you are at it and your remotes

Tried that but no luck. Hopefully one from the team will see this and can help.

@support will be a good thing to apply in that regard

Same here! Was happily using iPad and iPhone remotes with no problems for a few weeks and all of a sudden, both the iPad and iPhone lost connection to the core. Have restarted everything numerous times to no avail.

Bummer huh? Maybe @support can look in to this.

I`m running roon latest 64 bit. its stable on an Asus nuc I5 processor. Intel graphics, windows 10 1028 gb ram. I have music stored on a Buffalo Linkstation 6tb connected to my router w. Ethernet cable. Then from router to the Asus w. Ethernet cable.
Sometyime last week my Ipad and Iphone that I use as remotes, lost connection to the core.I´ve done all it says in the " need help" until it want me to put in an IP adress manually and scan… I also installed roon remote on a Samsung pad hoping I could fool the system. But no.
I have a Bluesound speaker on another floor. It got lost sometime last week also. But now it shows on my core again and I can play on it controlling it from my core.
A liitle strange is the fact that my Bluesound app, when I choose Roon I can play,pause,next the music selected from the core. Nothing more though.
@support , please help

Am I correct in assuming, that all the remotes that are having connection issues are connecting to your network wirelessly?
If so, then it sounds like something might be amiss with the wireless. The first thing I would check is that the IP addresses for the wireless devices are on the same subnet as the wired network devices (like the Roon server). To be on the same subnet, the first 3 groups of an IP number must be the same: for example, 192.168.0.4 and 192.169.0.17 are on the same subnet because 192.168.0 is the same for each IP address.

Thank you for the feedback, @Jonas_Sjodin. The insight is appreciated and sorry to hear of the troubles.

Moving forward, I agree with @Rugby’s latest post (:+1: ) and second his idea for confirming that your wireless devices are indeed on the subnet. You can also try and app like FING on one of the affected device to scan your network looking for devices that it can see showing up its self in the process. If you are going to give this a shot, please make sure your Roon core is active as well.

Additionally, can you also please describe your network configuration/topology being sure to provide insight into any networking hardware you are currently making use of. I want to have a clear understanding as to how your device are communicating and all the tools involved with making these connections possible.

-Eric

Thanks Rugby and Eric. Gonna start with the subnet. How do I find out what IP adress my remotes have? My router have 192.168.1
The router topology and configuration I´ll leave for now.

Just tried adding thast IP into the “scan” box. Nothing happened. What comes up when I start roon is : choose your core" and “why cant I see remote library”

Think I need some team viewer help here, @support

Hi @Jonas_Sjodin ---- Thank you for touching base with me, did you happen to give FING a shot? The application is a very useful tool to identify all the IP addresses of your devices.

From my previous:

"Additionally, can you also please describe your network configuration/topology being sure to provide insight into any networking hardware you are currently making use of. I want to have a clear understanding as to how your device are communicating and all the tools involved with making these connections possible. "

-Eric

Just tried FING.Strange thing is that I seem to have 2 routers with almost the same name different IP adresses 192.168.1.1 which also have a red flag at the end and 192.168.1.95
My computer with Roon on it is also listed. The n I have a “generic”. Is that roon? Should Roon be listed?

Thanks for the follow up @Jonas_Sjodin, the feedback is appreciated!

Moving forward, can you confirm if you do in fact have two routers currently running in your setup? I have seen remote connectivity issues in the past that occurred because two routers were present in the user’s network topology and had been configured wrong.

Furthermore, as asked in my previous posts (#1 and #2) having the details of your our network configuration/topology and insight into networking hardware you are currently making use of, will greatly help troubleshooting this behavior.

-Eric

1 Like

Fing Says I do, but I dont. I have one router. Fing lists two. When I scan, one router
lists 8 services, the other one 0. could it be my neighbours? He´s not living there but his things are there.
Not sure what you mean with topology and configuration. In the basement I have my musicroom with the asus having roon core installed. Its wired to theTechnicolor router which is upstairs. To the Technicolor is also my Buffalo LS 220 NAS connected by Ethernet, and Bluesund Soundbar also wired. I have 4 phones and Ipad/ Samsung galaxy which uses the wifi. It works on all of them.
Technicolor is Router Swedens biggest internetprovider ( Telia) delivers.

Telia Technicolor router IP 192.168.1.1
Bufflalo LinkStation 220 NAS wired IP 192.168.1.222
My Computer ASUS wired 192.168.1.68
Pulse Soundbar wired 192.168.1.162
Samsung 7 series TV wired 192.168.1.178
Apple TV wired 192.168.1.139
Ipad wifi 192.168.1.144
Galaxy Tab wifi 192.168.1.229

Generic (Iphone??) 192.168.1.77
Then there´s the other Telia Technicolor router 192.168.1.95 neighbour???

It could be that both routers are giving out ip addresses in the same subnet but are unaware of each other and some devices are getting a gateway and dns settings that are different from others.

2 Likes

Thanks @wizardofoz. Gonna do more investigating during the weekend. Strange, I restarted roon for the umpteenth time, and suddenly the roonremote found my computer and tried to connect to the core. But “connection failed”. tried maybe 6 - 8 times but failed. Now two hours later it´s back to as it were.

Any ideas,@support, @Eric?