Core needs to be restarted to see new added albums

I am also experiencing this same issue. I add or rearrange the metadata of my music frequently. I await the fix for this issue.

Hi,

The Roon @support team prefer one topic per customer’s issue… so they are able to track it and focus on each individual problem. hence I split out your topic.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build) QNAP TVS-871 16gb 16TB Raid 1 with Raid 1 SSD cache Roon Core-1.7-667 QPKG 2020-07-15
Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build) Windows 10, Alienware R10 16-core 64GB mem. Squeezebox Boom, Squeezebox Radio

Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured) Mix Netgear switches and Cisco routers
Audio devices in use Squeezebox devices and PC (connected to home audio system) Use Android phone to manage/control the active audio devices.
Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library) Music on Qnap device. Just under 70000 tracks. not streaming over the Internet, just LAN

Hello @robert_merritt, please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link. I’d like to see if you’re showing the same trace as the other users of if you’re experiencing a different issue, thanks!

Hi
I have the logs from the Qnap RoonServer directory. I don’t use Dropbox. I can email the file to you. The file is 15mb in size. I do use OneDrive but to share, Microsoft wants an email address; then I can copy the link and send it to you. Just let me know which email address to use and if you want the OneDrive link.

Bob

Hello @robert_merritt, could you please upload the file here and let me know when you do? Thanks!

Files uploaded. Thanks

I notice that an update to 1.7 to build 710 was supposedly fixing this issue. My Core is running on a Qnap NAS. I “updated” to build 710 but after adding files over the recent weekend, none of the new files were recognized by Roon until I stopped and restarted the Core process. Was the Qnap image updated with the fix? It does not appear to function.

Hello @robert_merritt, my apologies if the latest release didn’t resolve your issue. Could you please send me a screenshot of Settings>Storage?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.