Roon Core

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wired GB

Connected Audio Devices

2 Apple TV 4K
Raspberry Pi with Ropieee and Pro Box S2 Digital

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Just had a crash and had to rebuild my PC. Everything connected up fine with the exception of finding the local output device on the core PC. The speakers and audio all work fine on the Core device. Listening to the Tidal app currently but Roon doesn’t see it. Help

Just to be clear when you go to “settings/Audio” you are not seeing anything under “This PC” to enable?

“This PC” only appears in the General tab and does not appear in the Audio tab

No need to strike over the LAN (local) ip addresses.
They should/must be on you LAN and cannot be reached from the outside.

It looks like they start with 192. and let me guess, the second value is 168. :wink:

1 Like

Is the RoPieee showing up? I don’t see it on the list.

I haver seen where firewall settings can cause something similar to this. I know it sounds weird as the devices are local, but try disabling firewall to see if they then show up, or try adding RAATserver.exe and Roon.exe to the exceptions.

1 Like

Music Room is the Raspberry Pi with Ropieee. If you look at the top you can see Linux **Spckfsh

@PeterD Habit from working in a bank environment

Ah, see it now, had to zoom in, old eyes, is it regular RoPieee or XL? mine is regular and shows “Linux 5.10.76-1-SPCKFSH-v7+”, just for reference, may need updating?

But as for the missing devices issue, I still think trying the firewall things might help?
I also assume you have tried rebooting everything? (router, modem, switches, core, endpoints).

So it’s my VPN, but before the crash and rebuild, I was using the same VPN for over a year with no issues

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.