Core Stuck on Initializing

Ben

Shutdown router and removed power for 1 minute. My Mac Mini is 2008, i7 with 32gigs of memory. My switch is unmanaged and the router is provided to me by my ISP. My network is not sophisticated and my Roon experience for the most part been excellent since 2017. Is there anything else you’d like to know? Turned off ipv6, tried a pleather of different DNS servers, Deleted the core app, plus the RoonServer folder under library and all IOS remotes. I cannot restore from backup because I am not given that option. Thanks for any guidance you can give me.

Hey @Alex_Campbell,

Thanks for following up. Just to clarify, did you also reboot your core and remote devices? And after you deleted the core app and library folders, did you do a fresh download and install of Roon from the website ?

Is your core connected to your network via Wifi or hardwired? If possible, connecting via ethernet is always recommended.

Lastly, if possible, can you try removing the unmanaged switch out of the equation to see how your core responds?

Let me know! Thanks, Alex

Ben

The Mac Mini is connected via Ethernet. Is the roon server software on the roon website the same original download because I tried multiple times downloading, deleting, downloading? Sadly, by removing the unmanaged switch did not improve my situation. I have been rebooting everything for the past 3 days.

I have zero active cores and one remote but the remote is showing the core is still initialising.

Please can you help?