Corrupt Database Roon 2.0

My database has corrupted twice within 2 weeks… first on 31st Dec, and again today. It is running on Windows machine and I ensure I close Roon down fully before I turn my PC off. This issue, combined with Roon deciding to bomb out after it tries to redraw screen after a period of inactivity is making Roon 2.0 unusable.

Hey @Framgeld,

I’ve split your reply off into its own thread to ensure it receives proper attention. Following up on this thread, I’m sorry to hear you’ve had some trouble with database corruption :-1:

If you’d like assistance taking a deeper look into things for you, please fill out the necessary system info:

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Hi Ben,

Details are as follows:

Roon Core Machine

Windows 11 (v10.0.22621.1105), custom-built Scan desktop PC with Intel(R) Core™ i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 32Gb RAM, Samsung 970 EVO SSD, NVIDIA RTX 3080 GPU.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet connection to Netgear router, model WNDR3700 running DD-WRT firmware build 49049.

Connected Audio Devices

Chord Hugo TT (v1) via USB high-speed connection, and Yamaha RX-A830 receiver via Apple AirPlay 1.

Number of Tracks in Library

36991 tracks.

Description of Issue

As per original comments.

@benjamin I will not restore my Roon database from backup in case you need to see it in its current state.

Hey @Framgeld,

We’re still attempting to connect to your core to enable diagnostics, if you could keep your core online that would be helpful!

An alternative option would be to have you upload manual core logs : use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader?

Did you load a fresh database, and experienced corruption? Or, did you restore a recent backup?

Hi @benjamin

I have opened Roon.

I restored a database after corruption on 31st Dec. I haven’t restored database this second time. I need to find a cause for the corruption before I restore again.

Hey @Framgeld,

We were able to take a closer look into your corruption, and found a corrupt album: Let’s Talk About Love by Céline Dion. This seems to be the source of your corruption from our investigation.

Please try removing this album from your watched folders, and let me know how things run :+1:

1 Like

Many thanks. I will look into that.

@benjamin I don’t have that album in my library. There is very little Celine Dion, in fact (see images below) - I don’t like Celine Dion :slight_smile: Not sure why Roon thinks this is in my library.

Anything else you can provide to help with this, e.g. is it a local folder, TIDAL, or Qobuz source?

Thanks.

I’m guessing it is related to this stack trace…?

01/12 21:28:47 Critical: Library.EndMutation: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: album not found: 166:0:258141444
at Sooloos.Broker.Metadata.Context.GetAlbumLite(Sooid albumid)
at Sooloos.Broker.Metadata.MetadataTrackLite._Load(Context metacx, Track track)
at Sooloos.Broker.Metadata.MetadataTrackLite…ctor(Context metacx, Track track)
at Sooloos.Broker.Metadata.Context.GetOrCreateTrackLite(Track track, Nullable1 timestamp) at Sooloos.Broker.Metadata.Module.GetCachedTrackLite(Sooid mediasooid, Nullable1 max_age)
at Sooloos.Broker.Music.Library.GetTrackLite(Nullable1 opt_brokerid, Int64 mediaid) at Sooloos.Broker.Music.PlaylistItem..ctor(LibraryMutationEnv env, LoadPlaylistItem item) at Sooloos.Broker.Music.Playlist.<>c__DisplayClass62_0.<.ctor>b__0(LoadPlaylistItem item, Int32 i) at System.Linq.Enumerable.<SelectIterator>d__52.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List1..ctor(IEnumerable1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at Sooloos.Broker.Music.Playlist…ctor(LibraryMutationEnv env, LoadPlaylist playlist)
at Sooloos.Broker.Music.PlaylistManager.Load()
at Sooloos.Broker.Music.Library.EndMutation()

Hey @Framgeld,

Odd indeed! As a next step, we’ll need to take a closer look at your database.

Here’s how you can send it over:

1. Follow the recovery steps above
  2. Zip up your RoonBackups folder (right-click it and select “Compress…”):
  3. Submit the .zip file to us through our Database Corruption Issues portal

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.