"Corrupt" Roon files still play in iTunes

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini Server (Late 2012) with 16GB RAM running MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and Roon 1.6 (build 416).

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Apple AirPort network with Ethernet backbone between Mac Mini Core and iMac player.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

iMac running Roon 1.6 (build 416).

Description Of Issue

68 tracks (out of 25413) are showing as “Corrupt”. Files are ALAC ripped through iTunes. They won’t play through Roon but play fine through iTunes. I’ve read that converting to FLAC can fix this - is this still the only fix and what’s the best Mac software to do this?

Hi @HeadStrong,

Would you mind sending us one of these tracks that are showing as corrupt?

Ideally, you can zip up the entire folder and send me a private message containing a shared dropbox link. If you don’t have Dropbox or need another way to send the media, just let me know.

Regarding the conversion to FLAC — This may help here as well. Any software that can convert ALAC to FLAC should work for you.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.