Corrupted artwork

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP TS 251 Roon Ver. 1.7, Build 610.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet from Billion 7800 Router through Netgear ProSafe 5 Port gigabit switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Meridian 218 Zone Controller on Ethernet.

Description Of Issue

One (and so far ONLY one) of my album covers is showing a corruption in the play page as shownCapture
I have deleted the album and reloaded it, put a clean version of the artwork in the folder, cleared the image cache and restarted both the Roon Remote and the core. The corruption remains…but only on the play page. Everywhere else in Roon, such as the albums browser and the edit page for the album, the artwork shows correctly.
Any ideas?

Hi @Alan_McMillan,

What kind of Roon Remote are you using? Please provide model and specs.
Does this same behavior occur on multiple Roon Remotes or just on in particular?

Hi @noris
I have two Roon Remotes, one on an iPad running iOS 13.7 and one on a Windows 10 PC that has an i7 processor and 16Gb of RAM on it. The problem exists on both.

Hi @Alan_McMillan,

Can you please create an archive of this album and send it to me as a private message (click my name -> message)? I’d like to see if I can reproduce this on my end.

Hi @Alan_McMillan,

I checked the album on both my Windows 10 Remote and iPad, shows up as expected:

If you see this occur on another album, can you let me know?

Will do @noris. I simply don’t understand why this would happen on only one album. The fact that you don’t see the same thing almost proves it’s not the artwork’s issue, but something else. We may never get to the bottom of this one.

1 Like

@Alan_McMillan-
While probably a bit overkill, you can try setting up a fresh Roon database to see if it has the same issue. Or possibly try switching the Core off of the QNAP and re-import on Windows when in Core mode.

Hi @noris
That does seem like a lot of work for such a small problem. I have thought I might try a brand new capture of the album cover to see if that makes a difference. If not, I think I’ll leave it unless the issue spreads to more of my albums. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hi @noris I have used a brand new scan of the artwork and the problem has vanished. I’ve no idea what the corruption of the original scan was as the fault I saw in Roon’s play page has never been seen anywhere else!

1 Like

Hi @Alan_McMillan,

Thanks for letting us know that the new scan resolved this issue! It was certainly strange that you were seeing this but we could not reproduce on our end, if the issue re-occurs please do let us know.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.