Could not log in to Tidal (played it all day yesterday). Got a “missingmethod” error message

Could not play Tidal today. Got “missingmethod” error method. A previous thread logging out of tidal and logging back in. I did this. Now all my albums and playlists have disappeared. I’m sick and tired of this BS. And I have a Life membership.

Hi,

I’ve moved your topic to the support section of the forum.
In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi @vernon_pleasant,

This error occurs when either your Roon Core or Roon Client app is out of date. I would check under Roon Settings -> About to make sure you have build 571 installed for both Core and Remote(s).

I downloaded the latest update just a few days ago. I was having trouble with tidal today even though I’ve used I for hours the last two days. Some suggested t log out of Roon and log back in. When I did my playlists disappeared. When I go to my playlists there are no playlists showing. When I try to add a title to the playlist my playlist title show upon the add to box but I can’t add to it.

Core on Mac mini>router > Ethernet > micro redu > usb > usb converter > spdif > DAC

I just checked and my iPad I build 505. I can’t figure out where to go to update. Thanks.

Build 505 that’s from Nov 2019 so quite old now … B571 is the latest.

For the iPad, as it’s just running Roon Remote and there is no database to worry about, if it hasn’t automatically updated then the simplest way is to remove the Roon Application and then go to the Apple store and download / install the latest version.

Then once you have updated, go to Roon --> Settings --> About to double check that your both your remote and Roon Core are both on B571.

Also after installing, I suggest checking the device and zone setting for the iPad to make sure there are to your preferances.

1 Like

Thanks so much. I’ll do this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.