Could someone please look over my NUC configuration before I hit the order button?

Thanks again to all of you for your help and recommendations.
The order is done now. No way back … :wink:

Looking forward to delivery of the Nuc10i5 and the components by end of the week. (If the snowy roads allow that.)

Two additional questions:

• Are there any special things to consider by choosing an USB flash drive for the installation files?
  • Can I install the second internal ssd (the SATA one) directly at the beginning? Or is it necessary or helpful to install the M2 ssd only first, then installing rock, setting up the core, and installing the SATA ssd when everything else is done?

Thank you.

You can install the 2nd SSD at the beginning, but make sure you set the boot order to boot from the M.2 SSD first.

1 Like

Excellent. Thank you very much, @Geoff_Coupe!

I just wanted to say ‘Thank You’ to all of you again. The NUC and the components arrived yesterday:

First I struggled a few minutes with the BIOS UI of the NUC 10, but overall everything went quite well. It took less 30 minutes to set to install ROCK and configure it (including hardware assembly). It was really fun.

Due to recommendations here, I keep my CD ripping outside of the ROCK to have a little more over control. I already have more than 50% of my CDs ripped and copied the FLACs to the NUCs internal SATA storage.

I only have one little issue: It is not possible to use my Windows 10 laptop as an endpoint. (Bridge is installed and running.) I have to ask the company’s admin to have a look on the firewall setting. I guess that there is a limitation as it is a company laptop with enterprise firewall settings.

Now I will listen to some freshly ripped albums again. :slight_smile:

Thank you …

Cheers
colormind

2 Likes