Countdown clock to Roon 1.8 launch

Yup, that’s because we have a long history of not getting our act together on Tuesday :smiley:

5 Likes

Cool! I know you won’t want to release specific data, but can you say what metrics you look at?

Max Concurrent sessions
Songs / Hour

I would think you want to know are more people using Roon and are those people using it more and more?

Sorry, but this was pure intended.
Welcome to yuor first real marketing attempt :smile:
Dirk

2/9/21 in EU now.

2 Likes

Oh, I’m sure it was. That’s why we made sure we had a releasable build on lock last Tuesday.

4 Likes

Bonne response ! Au fait, dans le passé, j’ai travaillé et vivé à Clermont-Ferrand. Maintenant, je suis retraité en Caroline du Sud avec de bons souvenirs de nos cinq années en France !

2 Likes

It’s official, Roon users are crazy! :crazy_face::grin::+1:

Tuedays tend to be big announcement and release days, because people have caught up from the weekend but most of the week is still ahead of you. Apple keynotes are on Tuesdays. And it looks like a number of product announcements are expected for tomorrow as well (in the synthesizer world I’m following anyway, possibly also cameras).

I’d stay up…

Are we getting a new app icon to go along with the new typography?

You must work for Michelin, right? I remember seeing the Michelin complex when I went to Spartanburg to visit the BMW plant. Nice area.

1 Like

And if you should find that you still need Wednesday or Thursday to make sure the release is as problem free as it can be, then take them again !

Countdowns and fervent wishes for 1.8 ASAP should take second place to getting things right.

2 Likes

For anyone curious, “Patch Tuesday” has been a Microsoft thing since at least 2003.

2 Likes

Please don’t forget Roon is used worldwide.

Those of us in Hong Kong has already reached Feb-9 for half a day now.

Just saying …

(I know Roon people work 24/7 though LOL, I reported a bug once and it was fixed within hours.)

2 Likes

Did they ever release the list of new features or fixes added to the new version yet? I can care less about how it looks, I’m happy with the way it looks now LOL.

1 Like

We’re in the same boat, we in Australia might have to wait until tomorrow for the upgrade. :smile:

1 Like

Less than one hour!

If we have Roon open and running when the update goes live, will it alert us within the app itself that a new version is available?

You know, it wasn’t that long ago that all music was released on Tuesdays (in the States at least)

1 Like

I still have the latest :smile: :laughing:

1 Like