1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

They look great :+1:
Are they HDMI connected or Chromecast?

1 Like

Android photo frame with ROON APP installed

1 Like

These look great. Could you send a link to the photo frame(s) you’re using? Can you control Roon from another interface and just have that frame show the artwork?

Thank you for your interest in our photo frames. Unfortunately, we do not have a specific link to the photo frame(s) we are using as they may not be available in your country. However, you can try searching for digital photo frames online or in local stores.

Regarding your second question, yes, you can control Roon from another interface such as a smartphone or tablet and have the photo frame display the artwork. Roon allows for remote control and integration with various devices, making it convenient to manage and display your artwork.

1 Like

hmmmm i did not found any frames with android online

If you search, for example on Amazon, for “frameo” you will get such photo frames.
I recently bought one of the “Byybuo” brand, but my guess is that’s just one of the many fantasy brand names the same thing gets sold under.
Anyway the Frameo software runs on Android, and with the usb connection at the back it is possible to change the standard launcher, and install other software. You do have to be familiar with adb though.
I found two ways of using it as a Roon display. (See these instructions, and this blog for more examples on how to do this)

• Install a web browser, and point it to the Roon web display page.
  • Install a Chromecast receive app (like “CastReceiver”) on the device and let Roon display on that.

I could not get the Roon app itself running, as the frame is running Android 6.0 which I guess is too old.
With Roon browser option it looks like below. I also want to try the extension Roon Web Controller but haven’t gotten around to it :slight_smile: .

frame

2 Likes

How is a photo frame different to an LCD monitor in this regard? Is there any advantage to either option? How is the photo frame connected to the home network? Would it be used with “Roon displays” or something else? Sorry for all the questions! :smiley: