Cover images gone in Overview + Album Browser

*Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

sonicTransporter-AP i7; Roon 1.7 (Build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

wired ethernet from Orbi router to iMac
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

2017 iMac Retina 5k (MacOS 10.15.5), USB to Schiit Modi/Magni stack
Description Of Issue

In the Overview and Album browser pages, a large number of album cover images have suddenly vanished after I cleaned out the Image Cache in Settings. However, when I click on any of these blank albums, the cover art displays properly on the album page. Also, when I go to the Edit Album page, the thumbnail for the selected image is also blank. My other control devices (MacBook Pro, iPad, iPhone 8) display the cover art properly in the Overview and Album Browser pages–the issue ONLY affects the iMac, and BOTH music files as well as Qobuz favorites in my library. I’ve rebooted the Core and the iMac, logged out and back into Roon, and reinstalled Roon app on the iMac, all to no avail.

P.S. My only thought is that perhaps the Roon preferences or cache file on the iMac has become corrupted, but I am loathe to delete either of them without a prompt from @support

Here’s a screen shot of what I am seeing:

Hi @wkimbel87,

How did you reinstall the Roon app on the iMac? I would perform this type of reinstall:

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location (on the iMac not the SonicTransporter)
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Connect to SonicTransporter

Hi @noris
Thanks for that tip. I had done everything EXCEPT that crucial step of renaming the original Roon folder so that a new one could be created with the reinstall of the app. That did the trick!

1 Like

Glad to hear that my suggestions helped resolve the issue @wkimbel87!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.