Crash on startup macOS 10.12.5 [Ticket Open]

Hello @support - I did select a smb mounted directory on the first start and the application crashed without notice.
I am unable to start it after that.

07/07 14:51:12 Error: 
Local Time:            07/07/2017 14:51:12 +02:00
Device Serial Number:  …
User Id:               …
Roon Version:       1.3 (build 234) stable
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.12.5
Hardware Version:      iMac14,2
Mono Version:          4.8.1 (mono-4.8.0-branch/22a39d7 Fri Apr  7 12:13:03 EDT 2017)

Application Domain:    Roon.exe
Assembly Codebase:     file:///Applications/Roon.app/Contents/Resources/Roon.exe
Assembly Full Name:    Roon, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

CPU0 Description:      Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4771 CPU @ 3.50GHz (64-bit)
CPU0 Num Cores:        Physical: 4 Logical: 8

SCREEN0 Name:          69992768 (primary)SCREEN0 Bounds:        0,0 2560x1440

SCREEN1 Name:          724846861 SCREEN1 Bounds:        2560,0 2560x1440

Exception Source:      mscorlib
   Exception Type:        System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
   Exception Target Site: String.IndexOf
   Exception Message:     Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: startIndex
   Exception Data:        none

--[ Stack Trace ]------------
   System.String.IndexOf(String value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, StringComparison comparisonType)
       mscorlib.dll, IL 51, N 828
   System.String.IndexOf(String value, Int32 startIndex, StringComparison comparisonType)
       mscorlib.dll, IL 9, N 65
   Sooloos.Storage.StorageUtils.ShouldIgnorePath(String basedir, IEnumerable`1 ignorepatterns, String path)
       Roon.Storage.Core.dll, IL 28, N 145
   Sooloos.Storage.DirectoryStorage.OnSubdirectoryChanged(String path)
       Roon.Storage.Directory.dll, IL 53, N 212
   UNKNOWN
       , IL 110, N 206
   Roon.DirectoryWatcher._SpinDebounceQueue()
       Roon.FileSystem.dll, IL 287, N 1348
   Roon.DirectoryWatcher.<_SpinDebounceQueue>m__1(Object _)
       Roon.FileSystem.dll, IL 29, N 66
   System.Threading.Timer/Scheduler.TimerCB(Object o)
       mscorlib.dll, IL 7, N 450
   System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
       mscorlib.dll, IL 25, N 47
   System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
       mscorlib.dll, IL 150, N 546
   System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
       mscorlib.dll, IL 0, N 16

Hi @Valentin_Hitz — Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. Both are very appreciated and my apologies for the troubles here.

Moving forward, I would like to get a copy of your logs over to our tech team for evaluation. May I kindly ask you to please follow the instructions found here and upload us a set of logs from the device hosting your Roon core.

-Eric

Hi @Eric
I had already switched to running the core on a linux server (without any problems). I did remove the whole Library/Roon directory and was able to reproduce the same error on the next start. Here are the logs form this run: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bkxy70ml1fq210l/Logs.zip?dl=0

Valentin

Hi @Valentin_Hitz ----- Thank you for the follow up and my apologies as I thought I had responded to this thread sooner :innocent:

I did receive your logs and passed them over to our tech team for analysis, who then passed my report over to one of our developers who determined that we may have a bug here. In light of this, the team has asked for one more round of logs to help aide in our understanding of the issue.

However, this time we would like you to start Roon with a command line flag and the upload us a new set of logs. Instructions on how to perform the procedure can be found here and the flag(s) we would like you to use are as follows (highlighted below):

/Applications/Roon.app/Contents/MacOS/Roon -storagetrace -watchertrace

-Eric

Hello @Eric

Here the result:

I did remove the whole Library/Roon folder first.

Valentin

Hi @Valentin_Hitz ----- Thank you for following up and performing the requested procedure :thumbsup:

Confirming that the materials have been received and are now in our queue to be evaluated by one of our developers to determine what could be causing this behavior to occur. Once my report has been passed back I will be sure to update this thread with the teams’s thoughts/findings. Your patience is very appreciated!

-Eric