Crash when exporting Playlist

I use a Best of Playlist for exporting Files to my portable Hi-res Player… Since the last Update, that’s not working anymore. Every Export of that Playlist to local folder Roon Client on my MacBook crashes after the first file…

Hi @Michael_Holzinger,

I think the next first here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Hi Dylan - It happens as soon as I klick the “Export” button every time. I just tried again…

Hi @Michael_Holzinger,

Does this happen with every playlist or just this specific one? I gave this a try on my end and things seem to be working okay, so it would be helpful to know if this is media-specific or if the media doesn’t matter.

If the media doesn’t matter and it happens for all playlists, can you describe your networking, Core, and library setup?

Thanks!

It happens with every playlist.

I tried it on my iMac as well, but there was still the older version of Roon installed. It worked without problems. While exporting, I got he information of the new available update… After the export, I made the update and tried again the export -> before exporting one single file, Roon freezes and that’s it.

So, it’s not my network, it’s the new update… :wink:

I use a Intel NUC as Roon Core, Files are stored on a NAS

Thanks, @Michael_Holzinger — I’ve passed this along to the QA team and they’re investigating this issue. I’ll be sure to update you once I have their feedback.

Hi - Is there any news to report regarding my problem yet?

Hi @Michael_Holzinger,

Our team has been investigating this issue and has been testing in our QA labs. So far we have not been able to reproduce the issue and we were hoping you might be able to try something for us.

If you temporarily use the Mac as your Core machine and perform the same export operation does the same issue occur?

Thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: Exporting playlist content

Happens on my MacBook Pro as well. Sometimes I’m only offered to export to Excel file only, but when I’m offered to export a Roon playlist… 2nd track and it stops… every time and needs to be force closed.

Same issue with me. Makes me more than moderately upset.

I found two (unsatisfying) workarounds:

1. Backup --> rebuild the whole database --> restore
    –> for a few days all playlists can be exported without any issue

2. Backup --> group the whole playlist to one album (I did it with up to 300 songs) --> export
    –> restore (to have the correct albums back).

But this is not what I was expecting for the money I spent…

I just found this topic having already posted the same issue as separate thread in Support (Export Playlist hangs Roon) and am wondering why there hasn’t been any news on this since March? Is Roon software going the JRiver way with “options” that do not actually work or only do so in a roundabout way? I had a look at the Roon knowledge base Playlist topic (https://kb.roonlabs.com/Playlists) and was surprised (to put it mildly) to see that it does not even discuss the export option.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.