Crash when Roon pointed at 'Home'

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini 2014, OS 11.2.1, Roon server1.8 (build 756)
Macbook Pro, OS 11.2.1, Roon 1.8 (build 756)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Macbook via WiFi to Mini

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Devialet Phantom 1, Gold, Roon Ready

Description Of Issue

Roon 1.8 ran fine yesterday on build 710. Since today’s update to build 756 I cannot open “home” without crash of Roon on Macbook (client). Every other link within Roon works.
Reinstalled Roon to no avail.

Hi @WKW,

Can you reproduce the issue and then send me a set of your Roon logs by using these instructions?

Yes, it’s reproduceable.

I sent a pm to you with a link to the logs.

Roon “Home” works again. I don’t know why, but it does.

Thanks for a great piece of software and music editor!!!

1 Like

I don’t know what’s happening. Yesterday this issue didn’t occur, today it’s here again. Even after restarts, pointing to “Home” within Roon makes Roon crash/beachball. It is an issue!

Pointing to Home from the iOS version of Roon works just fine. The issue is only on the MacBookPro OS 11.2.1

Hi @WKW

I just wanted to let you know that our team is looking into this and we’ll be in touch soon.

Hi @WKW ,

Can you please try to create a new Roon Profile and verify if you can access Home afterwards? Let us know, thanks!

After the latest update to build 763 today, it’s working fine. No more hickups. Thank you so much. Do you still want a Profile?

1 Like

Hi @WKW ,

Thanks for letting us know that the latest Roon version helped resolve this issue, in this case you don’t need to switch the profile. If you have any other issues, just let us know and we can take another look!