Crashes Doing Audio Setup [Fixed in Build 193]

If I display all zones then select device setup for any of my Sonos zones Roon will crash immediately. This is 100% repeatable.

Same here I’ll get the logs.

Same here, crashing when trying to select my device. OS 10.11 and 10.12

1 Like

Core:

Intel NUC6 i5
8GB RAM
128GB NVMe SSD
Ubuntu 16.04.10

Fresh migration from 1.2 (165) to 1.3 (192)

Remote(s):

iOS 1.3 (188)
OSX 1.3 (192)
Win10 (192)

All exhibit the same behavior.

Logs: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61963386/Dev_Config_Crash.tar.gz

After updating my Roon app after updating my server to 1.3, when I select “device setup” for my NA8005 in settings/audio, the app crashes. This on my air 2, latest iOS. Same happens on my iPhone 7 with the latest iOS.

Mac pro late 2013 32gb RAM

same here. running core on Synology NAS and remote on windows 10. When entering audio setup for any zone, app crashes after about 5 secs

Same here. I am using ROON 1.3 core on a sonicTransporter and 1.3 on a Win 10 Laptop as a remote and RAAT. The screen comes up for about 2 seconds and then the entire app crashes.

OK, we see the issue.

And good news everyone: the bug is on the Core side, so we can release the fix directly to you all on Windows/OSX/Linux, without needing to wait for the iOS approval process that can take a few days.

New builds are in progress - stand by everyone :wink:

Edit: Ok, they’re on the way – please let us know if you’re still having issues on Build 193 guys. Thanks!

5 Likes

Best support ever!
Thanks team.
New DSP engine sounds fantastic too, well done!

Awesome as always!!!

Thanks

The curse of the even-numbered release strikes again! :wink:

Core: late 2012 Mac mini quad-core i7 2.3GHz, Mac OS 10.11.6
Remotes: late 2011 MacBook Pro 17" quad-core i7 2.4GHz, mac OS 10.12.3/iPad Air iOS 10.2.1

Logs: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2177183/plsvn_Logs.zip

Thanks Mike, for the awesome support!

I came here to post just that. I can’t get audio setup to work on anything, and thus far, HQ player will only play 44.1 songs. Will not play higher resolution.

Damn that was quick, just received the update and I can report that fixed my issue :slight_smile:

Thanks

Awesome support from Roon! And kudos for being brave enough to release so late in the day :slight_smile:

Fixed… awesome!

Updated to build 193; and can confirm it is fixed.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: 1.3 linux: cant find storage

Updated to 1.3 (Build 193). Crash upon audio setup fixed.