Wolf Audio Server, Intel i5-9600, 8GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wired internet

Connected Audio Devices

Lampizator Baltic 3 vis USB

Number of Tracks in Library

A few thousand favorites Qobuz/Tidal, no local files currently imported

Description of Issue

After the latest Roon update to version 970, Roon crashes regularly. Sometimes it happens second after startup. Sometimes a few minutes. It just happened twice in a row after about 30 seconds.

I have deleted the Roon cache files multiple times, made sure all Windows and driver updated have been applied, rebooted the computer, etc.

Nothing like this has happened before. The crashes conspicuously started right after the latest Roon update.

Thanks in advance for any info or guidance.

1 Like

Hey @jtnt,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and I’m sorry to hear you’re running into issues with Roon crashing after releasing the latest build.

made sure all Windows and driver updated have been applied

In the past, we’ve seen Windows auto-updates cause similar issues relating to graphics drivers. I see you mention you’ve applied driver updates. Have you tried uninstalling your graphics drivers and reinstalling them from the manufacturer’s site as well?

If you’re still seeing issues after this, please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs as well as a timestamp of when a crash occurs. Logs can be uploaded here.

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I left for vacation soon after I posted, but in my absence it seems a Roon re-install by my colleagues solved the issue.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Although it just crashed on me, so looks like I’ll have to do some investigating…

Hey @jtnt,

Thank you for letting me know! Since you’re still running into crashing issues, please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs as well as a timestamp of when a crash occurs. Logs can be uploaded here.

Thanks, Nicholas

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.