Hello,
Roon remote 354 crashes with Android tablet Acer Iconia Tab 8 A1-840FHD 8.0"
(App does not start).
Android 4.4.2
Is it normal?
Best regards,
Sylvain

@support probably not by design, but the Roon boys will know

Thanks for reaching out, @Sylvain_RENARD!

Can you please try the following:

• Reboot the device
  • Reinstall the application on the device

Please let me know if these steps yield any changes for you!

Thanks,
Dylan

I have already done that. Unistalled it completely and installed again.

Nothing changed :frowning_face:

Thanks for giving that a try, @Sylvain_RENARD!

I’ve passed your report along to the technical team for further investigation. I’ll be sure to update you once I’ve received their feedback.

Thanks,
Dylan

I have changed screen density (DPI) to have “full” version of remote. But I did that a long time ago and previous versions allways worked without problem. I don’t know if this matters with the problem I have.

Hey @Sylvain_RENARD,

I just sent you a PM about sending us over a diagnostics report.

Thanks!
Dylan

Hello,
the problem is that I cannot open Roon…
I have to use another remote. But if I enter the support ID on the other remote, will it upload the report to your servers when I will use the faulty remote?
Best regards,Sylvain

Apologies, @Sylvain_RENARD — I should have been more specific here.

You can do this from your Core machine (or another remote) and the diagnostics report that is sent to us will include information about your remotes as well.

Thanks,
Dylan

Ok, I will try tomorrow and tell you when it’s done!

Crashed here also on 4.4.2.

Very nice guys! ( understatement)…

After a reinstall on my tablet still not working.

Hey @Ger_Stoker and @Sylvain_RENARD,

I just had a chat with our team about this, and I wanted to give you both an update. The team is currently investigating the issues you are experiencing, we hope to have an update for you soon.

If you’d like to assist in the investigation, the team has some steps you can perform that would give us some greater insight into why this behavior is occurring. If you’re interested in this, please let me know and I will send instructions your way.

Thanks!
Dylan

Hey Dylan,

Give some intructions to investigate this, my Roon system is running properly ( remote control from different laptops) but Android 4.4.2 tablet stopped working.

Thanks, @Ger_Stoker! I’ve sent you a PM with instructions.

1 Like

Hi,
Also the same problem here with Andorid 4.4.2. ( Samsung GT-N8020 ). Reinstall, tablet restart, server restart didn’t help.
Please help me what should I do.
Thank you!

Hey there, @tokaji — I’ve sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Dylan

Hello,
I tried to send the data with a PC as remote : no way :frowning_face: Roon asked me to check my internet connection… Then I tried with an android phone as remote, I had no error message but I don’t know if transmission was ok.
Best regards,
Sylvain

This afternoon my preferred remote (galaxy tab 10.1) is consistently crashing on startup. My phone, also android, still work fine. The tablet was working fine last night when I used it last.

Where should I start looking?

Thanks for reaching out, @Atle_Dreier!

Can you confirm what version of Android your device is running?

Since this behavior has started occurring have you tried rebooting the device?

Thanks,
Dylan