Crashing on Android 4.4.2 (Build 354)

It’s running 4.4.2, same as yesterday.

I tried rebooting, and reinstalling Remote without success.

Hey @Atle_Dreier,

I’ve merged your post over to this thread. We are currently investigating this issue and will be providing any updates here.

If you’d like to assist us in our investigation please let me know. The technical team has provided me with some steps that will allow us to more closely look at the behavior occuring on the device. Just let me know and I will send you a message with instructions.

Thanks,
Dylan

I’d love to help any way I can!

Hey @Atle_Dreier — Just sent you a PM.

I sent you the logs.

Same issue here. The latest build crashes both on my phone and on my tablet, Android 4.4.2

Any news on this issue?

Same issue…

No update on this for a week, seriously Roon?!

Hey all,

I wanted to reach out and confirm that we have a ticket open with our development team regarding this behavior.

While I can’t say for certain when this issue will be resolved, I will be sure keep this thread up to date as the team passes along feedback and work begins to get this resolved.

Thanks again for the reports!

Hi all,
Exactly the same bug for me, crashing at start up. Android 4.4.2 on Samsung GT N. 8000.

Same problem for me also. Is it possible to roll back to an earlier version of roon remote? Happy to help with the current investigation if not.

I’d love an update on this.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we have been investigating this. While I can’t provide an exact timeline for when this will become available, the team believes we understand the issue, and we are testing a fix we hope will resolve the crashing you’re experiencing. As soon as more information becomes available I’ll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks again for your patience here, it is truly appreciated.

Hi everyone,

We released Build 360 of Roon which includes a fix for Android 4.4.2 compatibility. Please download the update and let us know if you have any issues. You can read more about the update here:

Hi, now work fine !
thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.